Quantcast
Modern Snake Oil - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern Snake Oil

Everything that Son said, plus Fernet Branca for minor stomach issues.

It's mostly the overuse of vitamin E. it can cause internal bleeding but, you have to use mega doses. If you stick with the recommended dose you should be fine. My DR. prescribes Omacor or lovaza which is a highly purified version of fish oil to lower my triglycerides. other then the 2 hour nosebleeds once in awhile, no issues.lol
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I am very much open to....

http://www.trickortreatment.com/

This is a great book on the subject.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

My snake oil is Ginsing. It's good for the respiratory sys when you're like me in the mountains (I live 7K above sea and like to smoke) and in the lower helps stamina. LOL yep did good for me in the south. I just miss the vials sold in the quickie marts. I have to go to the 'health' stores for it. My fav is Siberian.

I've been supplementing with salmon oil, maca root and l-carnitine, recently. The research makes me believe they're good for energy, healing, strength, muscle and heart health. So far, I feel good...who knows. I always eat well and have taken salmon oil for quite some time. I believe in eating properly, avoiding processed foods and preservatives, and moving everyday. A sedentary lifestyle will kill you quick.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I've been supplementing with salmon oil, maca root and l-carnitine, recently. The research makes me believe they're good for energy, healing, strength, muscle and heart health. So far, I feel good...who knows. I always eat well and have taken salmon oil for quite some time. I believe in eating properly, avoiding processed foods and preservatives, and moving everyday. A sedentary lifestyle will kill you quick.
    if there only were a snake oil that would get me off my a$$ and get exercising, I would be fine... The trouble with us big guys is that we need to exercise to get fit, but exercising is a pain because we are so unfit. Try spending a day with another person on your back all the time, that's what I am carrying around with me... Other than that, I am not a big believer in any specific potion or elixir, but as a scientist I am a firm believer in the placebo effect, so whatever works is fine Oh, and of course healthy heating helps.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    if there only were a snake oil that would get me off my a$$ and get exercising, I would be fine... The trouble with us big guys is that we need to exercise to get fit, but exercising is a pain because we are so unfit. Try spending a day with another person on your back all the time, that's what I am carrying around with me... Other than that, I am not a big believer in any specific potion or elixir, but as a scientist I am a firm believer in the placebo effect, so whatever works is fine Oh, and of course healthy heating helps.

Stefan
    Watch Rocky once a day while drinking a pot of coffee.

There is a reason we do double blind studies, Placebos work.

Mine right now is creatin.

tbh loud music and caffeine probably does a lot more to help my workouts, but I love a magic bullet just like anyone else.

I always thought this stuff was a bunch of hokum until I took my cat to a holistic vet. I saw much better results with some of the "snakeoil" the holistic vet used than the traditional drugs used by previous vets. I figure there's not much of a placebo effect with a cat, so some of the nontraditional treatments do seem to work--at least on a sample size of one cat.

I've found apple cider vinegar and Vick's Vaporub seem to work better on ringworm than some of the antifungals.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller