• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hiromoto AS 300mm wa-gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale is a Hiromoto AS 300mm wa-gyuto. It has stainless steel cladding over an aogami super core. This was one of the first Japanese knives I purchased. I am selling it because I have a higher quality gyuto and haven't used this for four years.

It recently returned from being sharpened by Dave Martell. The vertical grinding lines were present when I got it brand new and are still easily seen depending on the angle of view. Dave mentioned that the heel has some issues with slight overgrind on one side and undergrind on the other. All of this was from the factory and present when I got it. At the time I was too ignorant to send it back as it is a very good cutter. There is some epoxy sealing the handle as there was an opening that water could have gotten into. I sealed this prior to use. It is what it is, an in imperfect tool that performs the function for which it was designed. The blade is straight without any real structural imperfections save the heel issue which I never noticed.

I am asking $135. I apologize for the (low) quality of the pictures.

DSCN0869.jpgDSCN0870.jpg

Thanks,
Jan

Back