Old slicer / New slicer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just finished a re-handle on an older slicer i bought a few months ago. I did a slight re-profile since the old one was fairly wavy. Also thinned it a bit. We ended up with a 292mm slicer.

Here's the old carbon. No maker's mark as far as i could tell

I used Jobillo at the ends, buffalo horn ferrule in the middle, cocobolo flanking the horn, plastic spacers. it was put together from "scraps". There are two color of corbys because i was left with 1 aluminum and 2 brass from other re-handles. It was a fun project to figure out with leftover parts and pieces. nothing much to lose on an a knife that barely cost anything.

My wife just used it for the first time (as i'm typing). It made very short order of a cantaloupe and now it's her new favorite knife :laugh:

The handle looks outrageous . Really nice!

Beautiful work Andre. Terrific blending of woods, both proportionally and colors. I like it a lot.

Andre looks great,I like hoe you did the revits too against the background diff. woods.

Hey all, thanks for the comments! I really didn't know how it would come out until the finish sanding. And even then, before oiling the handle, i wasn't convinced. I'm glad you like it.
cheers!
-Andre

Not my style at all.......
But, this looks really good.
Not sure if I am making any sense.
I have never been fond of handles with multiple different woods and spacers but this one looks great.
I like it!

:lol2: I'm with you on that, Mark.
I try to avoid gilding lilies as much as possible. But, I had to give it a shot...couldn't stop thinking of those bits and pieces of "rejected" wood/plastic/horn etc and how to put them together.
thanks for the note

Sick! I am pretty good with leftovers, however, they would be consumed shortly after my work! :hungry:

Rumor as it that your leftovers are better than tonight's special. BTW, When you making more wurst?

Back