Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Truffle Hunt

it is a tricky thing , I am sure they would like to sell more truffles but truffle farms being robbed overnight in France you dont want to expose your location.
    Duncan was there too and he was nice , altough some of his decriptions sounded little too vague , maybe he thought our group may go into truffle business

Very cool, thanks for sharing!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Very interesting. That must have been a blast. Here we forage for Morels in the spring. Thanks for sharing the photos and the day.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

QUOTE=Duckfat;230065]Very interesting. That must have been a blast. Here we forage for Morels in the spring. Thanks for sharing the photos and the day.
    Dave[/QUOTE]

Altough it was more like picking them rather hunt it was fun. Where else in US you can forage morels? a friend of mine found one in his garden in GA

Morels grow in many states. All through out the mid-west and I know a few guys that forage in Oregon. I'm in Mi and I've picked Morels and ramps every spring as long as I can remember. We have a lot of state and Federal land here that any one can forage.

Dave
    Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?

during my aprrenticeship i made a presentation about truffle. one fact that i will never forget is that the russians used to use bears to find truffles. only problem was to remove em from the bears mouth

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I really enjoyed this post/thread, thanks for sharing.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    during my aprrenticeship i made a presentation about truffle. one fact that i will never forget is that the russians used to use bears to find truffles. only problem was to remove em from the bears mouth
    Unfortunatelly it is common in Eastern europe and Balkans to see captured bears on the streets performing tricks to all the way professional circusses . When you mention those bears in contrary of what a bear image comes to your mind , they are more like a abused big ,lovely creatures without any dignity..
    The way they teach them to "dance "is pretty cruel to , I don't want hijack my own thread but if anybody wonders I can expalin in detail in pm

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    I really enjoyed this post/thread, thanks for sharing.
    It was a pleasure Jason , probably tomorrow I will replicate one of my dishes from my restaurant menu using truffles , I will be posting that entire process too