Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knives in Austin, Texas?

Knives in Austin, Texas?

Does anyone have any intel on any cool knife vendors or custom makers in Austin, TX? I'm going to spend about 3 days there.

Cheers,

Jack

I am not aware of any on either front. Hope someone else chimes in with better news.
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish

None that I know of either, unfortunately. There is a great event here that is a two week long showcase for the arts, artisans, craftsman and the like. I've never seen anyone with knives, and have really been on the lookout. But, there is some interesting woodworking and metalworking around town.

I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

nothin fancy though
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Can't find anything here either.

I'm sure there are some pretty sweet knives at work at the Ucchi sushi bar.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

There are a few. When I worked there, there was maybe 2 nice yanagis. You'll find more exciting stuff at Uchiko.
    "Meat, vegetables, a fish, an all-around kitchen knife including the bread. It is unsuitable for the thing which is too hard because a blade is thin." -Engrish

Uchi

As a current prep cook at Uchi, I can tell you most here favor the Nenox knives. I've seen a few Masanobu's but the general preference is the Nenox. I'm awaiting my Suisin Inox Honyaki Wa-Gyuto 240mm to arrive Wednesday as part of our Restaurant's group order from Korin.

Group order from Korin? That's cool! Is it just the standard 15% off or more since it's in a group? I remember there was an awsome Konosuke group buy a couple ages ago...