Briskethiki finished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockbox

Founding Member
Reaction score
IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7783.jpg

Here are some teaser shots. I will post better pictures tomorrow. I have to get my wife to setup the photo studio.

Looking good. Bubble wrap right?

Yep! I originally wanted firestorm but Hoss told me it would be too difficult for me to make by myself the first time around since it requires twisting of the metal. I wanted something I could make myself so bubblewrap it was. It actually turned out better than I imagined.

That's right you made the damascus for it didn't you? Man that's just badass. I mean grinding a nice blade is cool and all, but making your own damascus billet is a whole different level of cool. You're in a special camp my friend:bladesmith:

IMG_7789.jpg

One more snapshot. It regards to dimensions. Its 270mm, 2.2mm above the heal, and 0.7mm at the point near the tip.

Looks great, Tom!
You and Adam should have a slice off. Man is there a lot of talent floating around here!

That looks fantastic.The Wa handle looks great too.

That looks fantastic.The Wa handle looks great too.

Thanks guys! It was a great learning experience. Its not perfect. I have to admit that it has a slight "moritaka" edge. I didn't even notice it until I started sharpening. The nice time, I may sharpen it before I finish the blade to see if the grind is perfectly even. I'm already planning my next knife.

Thanks guys! It was a great learning experience. Its not perfect. I have to admit that it has a slight "moritaka" edge. I didn't even notice it until I started sharpening. The nice time, I may sharpen it before I finish the blade to see if the grind is perfectly even. I'm already planning my next knife.

It took me three tries before I figured out to sharpen before I mounted the handle:doublebanghead:

Ha, I learned after two to start sharpening them before the handle.

Looks great Tom!!

And I just learned right now. Thanks guys :)

That is one sexy-lookin' suji, Rock. Is it stainless?

Looks great, Tom!
You and Adam should have a slice off. Man is there a lot of talent floating around here!

I don't about talent. I think it has more to do with very generous people who are willing to share their knowledge. I have to give thanks to DT of course, but also Pierre, Marko, Stefan, and all the others for answering all my stupid questions. I just wish someone would have told me about sharpening before putting on the handle yesterday. :doublebanghead:

The grind looks a little uneven but really not bad at all, imo! Seriously, nice job, dude.

I love seeing action shots. Unfortunately I'm starving (waiting on family), so right now looking at that's kinda like a naked model showing up on your doorstep... while your wife/girlfriend is home. You really want to look, but not the right time.

I'll visit later and hope to see more shots ;)

Back