Quantcast
Wtb: 150-210mm petty/suji/gyuto
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb: 150-210mm petty/suji/gyuto

Wtb: 150-210mm petty/suji/gyuto

Looking for a line knife for my new job, I'm in England so if anyone in the eu had something then that would be best, pretty strapped for cash too at the moment but I don't mind getting something that needs some work.
    Preferably stainless or semi, slim profile, nothing too thin, my budget is around 120$, because I'll have postage. Eu people message me and we can see what you've got!

Ask JCK whether the Hiromoto TJ-100G3 Sujihiki 210mm is expected to come back.

I'll drop him an email. After thinking a little more I'd be open to certain carbon too, if it was at a good price or a knife that I really wanted

You could get a CarboNext gyuto, it's within your price range unless your budget is meant for getting 3 knives.

Quote Originally Posted by Benuser View Post
    Ask JCK whether the Hiromoto TJ-100G3 Sujihiki 210mm is expected to come back.
    I just bought one of these about a month ago and I really like it. If Koki is expecting more, I'd wait if its reasonable. My example was nicely convexed on the face, but a bit thick for this style blade. It grinds easily and feels very smooth on the stones. With a bit of thinning over a few sharpenings it'll improve dramatically.
    It's a great knife for $100. It's small and versatile enough to handle everything between a paring knife and a gyuto for regular mise en place, and excellent for trimming meat.

To the OP: if I remember correctly you're left-handed. So, why do specify explicitly the blade should not be too thin? You shouldn't experience too much asymmetry issues with thinner Japanese blades.
    Perhaps a more neutral, French or German carbon could be an option, as you seem open to carbon, now. Expect frequent steeling, though.

Only because as I'll be using it on the line, and under pressure I don't want a laser that would either mess up with a tight grip, or perhaps not be able to handle the tasks that get thrown at it when I'm in the weecs

A tight grip will only make things worse when a lefty uses an asymmetric J-knife.