D. Martell Blank Sales - One Time Only!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a few blanks that I will not be using to make knives from.

The pettys are not profiled correctly for what I'm after so I rejected them. There's nothing wrong with these blanks besides I can't make my profile from them. They have a western full tang profile (currently over sized for shaping) but can be ground to a hidden tang easily, if desired, before heat treat.

The sujihikis have a perfect profile for my tastes but I'm no longer using the narrow Japanese style tang even on wa handles so these are just sitting collecting dust. They are heat treated yet are gray because they were sand blasted pre-Rc testing.

The gyuto has a slightly too flat of a profile that can be easily (if desired) corrected pre-blade grind. That's not the reason for this one going un-used though, it's the narrow Japanese style tang that I'm not using anymore.

These blanks are available for KKF members only that are non-pro/non-hobbyist knifemakers.

If interested in purchasing please shoot me a PM along with your Paypal email address & zip code (used for shipping calculation) and I'll follow up by sending you a Paypal invoice. Please make sure that your Paypal shipping address is correct because what address that is sent to me with your payment will be the shipping address that I will use.

Prices DO NOT include shipping!

Qty. 4 - 160mm Petty, 3/32" thick, O-1, annealed (not heat treated) - $25 each

Qty. 2 - 300mm Sujihiki, 3/32" thick, O-1, Heat Treated w/Cryo to Rc 60-61 - $55 each

Qty. 1 - 240mm Gyuto, 3/32" thick, O-1, Heat Treated w/Cryo to Rc 60-61 - $50 each

Thanks! :)
Dave

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

I looked at those and thought 'Oh, nice' and then realized I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them... Glad somebody else does.

Stefan

Back