Quantcast
Opinions Needed - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Needed

I think you should have some fun with him.
    There was a this American life story about that: some guy that responded to every scam email he got, with the intention of stringing them along and wasting as much of their time as possible; his thinking was that every minute they wasted on him, they weren't spending on some little old lady with a pension check... plus it was fun. One guy he led on a wild goose chase all over the bad parts of Africa.
    I've played similar games with scammers on hacked ebay accounts. If you have a few minutes to spare for entertainment and some creativity it's actually immensely satisfying. -Like prank calling someone who REALLY deserves it.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I needs freee shhhhiiiiitttttt!!!
    like what kinda ssshhiit?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

I have never heard of anyone having stages set up in advance in that many acclaimed restaurants and the fact that he has sent the email to so many of the vendors is very suspicious. I think he is most likely a crook and at the least a culinary student with a very full head.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

There is little doubt that this is a scam. Cyber-frauds like this exist because the scammers can net more with one fraudulent score than they can working legitimately in a year - if legitimate work exists. Some of these scams are incredibly sophisticated and tailor-made for a specific score. They have nothing better to do than watch, learn and poke at it till it works. This being said it probably isn't the best choice to go on pointing out where they failed; it just teaches them how to improve upon it.

I got the same email, twice.

Hoss

I figured he was a scamer. But I sent him a reply and asked some questions about what he has been cooking and he sent me some photos of some of the things he said he made. From what I can see the person who put these plates together looks to be a chef, or a chef in training.

On a side note I had a guy resently contact me wanting some hunting knives for a TV show he claimed they were filing in Africa. I even shared a phone call with the guy. Then, after a bit of research on SCAM alert dot com or something like that. Lisa found his name and that he had run the same scam and a few other scams overseas money scams on many people.

These guys are really shameless. When I confronted him on a email he was like Yep. Thats me, you caught me. And he was not only from the USA but his address was in Michigan about 1 hour away from me. STUPID!

Anyways heres the pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5(1).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	17669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2(1).jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	17668  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7(1).jpg 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	17670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	17671  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.jpg 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	17672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	17673  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Beautiful pics/presentation. Wonder who he/she stole them from?
    Jason

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    lol that was what I was thinking. Prob. some food pic site.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I needs freee shhhhiiiiitttttt!!!
    I live across the street from a field of cows. Watch your mail for a free gift!
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Even on the very off chance he is a culinary student. It still sounds like BS. Lots of people stage at Michelin stared restaurants. It doesn't mean your gonna be a world renowned chef or tv personality. I don't mean to offend any culinary students out there, but culinary interns don't know ****. It's still going to take years for him to become a real chef. So either way it's a scam.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson