• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Harner Custom Santoku.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleq

Reaction score
Up for sale: Harner Custom Santoku.

Blade: 220mm from heel to tip. 57mm wide at the heel. The spine width is approx. 2.7mm at the heel tapering to approx. 1.7mm half way to the tip. This is a thin knife. In the photo gallery I did a comparison shot against a Tadatsuna 210 gyuto. Not the best shot in the world but you can see it is a pretty tight race.

Fit and finish: Well, its a Harner. Nicely rounded, extremely tight, expert craftsmanship.

Weight: 232 grams. Extremely well balanced, slightly weight-foreword.

Steel: CPM-154

Handle: Black micarta with red spacers. Extremely comfortable IMO.

Overall condition/reason for sale: The overall condition of the knife is excellent. I have sharpened it 5 or 6 times. No thinning, profile changes or major metal removal. The reason I'm selling it is lack of use. Butch made this knife for me several years ago during my deep but short-lived jump into non-carbon knives. I really love it but ultimately the little use it gets is purely guilt-driven. I think it deserves a better home where it will get more use. The knife still sports Butch's hand rubbed finish with some minor scuffs from normal use as seen in the photos. Butch did a great job on this one. It is an awesome knife.

Shipping: The next business day after payment is received via traceable postal product to Canada and the CONUS.

Payment: PayPal

Price: 250USD PayPalled and shipped.

Photos: http://s1367.photobucket.com/user/Nqjudo/library/Harner Santoku

****The fine print**** : I hate selling used items because I'm always concerned that my interpretation of an item will differ significantly from the buyer's. I'm a knife enthusiast and I consider myself a pretty good sharpener but I'm not a Jon Broida or a Dave Martell. This being said if you receive the knife and feel that I have represented it in a way as to omit a major flaw all you have to do is pack it up and ship it back for a full refund. Not a problem.

Just looked at this again, and man is it ever nice! Love the handle.

You know Lefty, no one who saw this knife at my place ever failed to comment on how beautiful it is. Knife nuts and non nuts alike. Had this been a carbon blade I promise you that I never would have parted with it.

Back