Wooden Boxes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have bought bunch of handmade wooden Boxes from Sanjo for our knives :D I think for some expensive knives they will come with wooden box included !

What do you think to also offer them for all our other knives ???

IMG_1640.jpg

I like it. Classy. Do these have supports inside to hold the knives? Would you need to customize them for each knife?

I believe these are good for storing as they allow the blade to air out, preventing moisture from being trapped, as may happen with sayas. The downside is they take up more space.

Any chance of a cleaver-sized box?

Yes they have some holders inside that is very easy to customize for each knife :)

Sorry no Cleaver, i think it maybe better to make some kind of stand for cleaver

Can I just buy a bunch of them? :)

Can I just buy a bunch of them? :)

:plus1:

I know I appreciate, and I'm sure others do as well, the extra effort Sara puts into gift wrapping the items you get from JKI. I'm sure these will have an equal effect on cust relations for you. Just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you open a shipping package and find something that's been given that kind of personal attention.:happymug:

:plus1:

I know I appreciate, and I'm sure others do as well, the extra effort Sara puts into gift wrapping the items you get from JKI. I'm sure these will have an equal effect on cust relations for you. Just gives you a warm fuzzy feeling when you open a shipping package and find something that's been given that kind of personal attention.:happymug:
I believe you might be confusing JKI with JNS.

I believe you might be confusing JKI with JNS.

Nope, just using them as an analogy of why I like the idea. I think getting a Shig from Maxim in a nice box that he has fitted himself would have the same emotional impact (that warm fuzzy I was talking about) on receipt as as getting something from JKI that Sara has gift wrapped. Does that make sense?

Ok Thank you for feedback ! I think i just add them as Option to some of the knives :)

If someone want to order just the box please email or Pm me :D

I think boxes are a cool idea and are good looking but for most of the knives you sell you should add cheap saya, cause most chefs have their knives at work with them, not stored in the decorative box...
But I like the idea of getting a Shig or a Kato in a wooden box. ;)

Nope, just using them as an analogy of why I like the idea. I think getting a Shig from Maxim in a nice box that he has fitted himself would have the same emotional impact (that warm fuzzy I was talking about) on receipt as as getting something from JKI that Sara has gift wrapped. Does that make sense?
Indeed. I misread your original post.

Latest posts

Back