Heiji love

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
A few months ago, my wife left part of a 150 Heiji SS petty wet and it got a rust spot. I fixed it and sharpened it but it scared her enough she decided to stick with stainless (Suisin, Ashi, Masahiro pettys). A couple of days ago, she decided to pick up the Heiji petty again. When I got home from work, she made it a point to tell me that she used it and "It was a revelation." Heiji SS rocks. Just thought I'd share. :happy1:

They are my favorites. Use mine every single day.

Isn't it funny that with all the high quality knives we've seen and used, there are still knives that make our jaws drop with their sheer cutting performance? I really want to try one out.

My 240 SS Gyuto should be finished later this month, can't wait.

This is funny. I was just telling Jon last week that I miss my Heiji and I am planning on buying a new one at some point. I loved it at first, didn't use it for a couple months (due to purchasing way to many knives) then sold it. Now I have to get a new one because I wish I had it these days....

-Chuck

Isn't it funny that with all the high quality knives we've seen and used, there are still knives that make our jaws drop with their sheer cutting performance? I really want to try one out.

Heijis are insanely high end knives IMO. I've never seen or used one but with a price tag like that I would expect insane performance. I remember about a year ago I thought the tojiro I bought for 80 bucks was an insanely expensive knife. Now I own some really high end stuff and the Heijis are priced way above my current stash. I don't know if ill ever be on that level. I am extremely happy with things in the 200s rather than the 500s. You guys are really lucky.

I remember when I thought that too. You ae on the edge of a precipice my friend. Wait until you use one. Then you will truly develop the fever.

In the past when I spent coin on a knife if between Stainless or Carbon,the carbon knife always wins.I have bought a # of stainless knives in last couple yrs. all recomms. on this site,blades like Suisin Inox,Carbonext,Fujiwara,Pro-M,Gesshin Uraku.Most of these I have sold to students or cooks in the field.

I just got a Gesshin Ginga the most I have spent on a stainless so far.I am keeping this knife,it has alot of the things I like in a blade,thin behind the edge,ease of sharpening.I eased the edges a little on the octagon handle & put a mix of tung oil & amber bulls eye shellac.It helps waterproof the handle & gives it a slightly darker shade.

I have seen pictures of the Heijis.I am sure they are great knives.

+1 on being precariously perched 'pon a perilous precipice. A heiji direct isn't that much...

I have to agree. Just got my first heiji gyuto, courtesy of Vinster here on the forums. It's a 210 SS ordered extra thin. An amazing knife. Construction is outstanding, cutting ability is even better. Worth every penny.

Don't remind me. I'm having second thoughts already...

Selling my first Heiji 240 is the only sale I can think of that I regret. They're pretty amazing and unique.

I kept reminding myself to ask people at the WCG if anyone had a Heiji I could see or use a bit. But, I forgot.

I should have spent a little less time on the Gesshin Aoto instead, but, I was having fun giving that stone a go. :knife:

Now it's 4? 240, 270, 240 carbon...what else?

I kept reminding myself to ask people at the WCG if anyone had a Heiji I could see or use a bit. But, I forgot...
I had a 240 gyuto in my bag... :punish:

Do you really have to ask? I thought the rule was just to let you know location.

Hate to be the party pooper here, but I didn't get along with mine at all and have no regrets about selling it. I have other knives that I like better for a variety of reasons, primarily they are all much better cutters. The one good thing I'll say about it was the semi SS is outstanding. Also, the thinning and edge Jon put on it was unworldly.

Latest posts

Back