Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heiji love

Heiji love

A few months ago, my wife left part of a 150 Heiji SS petty wet and it got a rust spot. I fixed it and sharpened it but it scared her enough she decided to stick with stainless (Suisin, Ashi, Masahiro pettys). A couple of days ago, she decided to pick up the Heiji petty again. When I got home from work, she made it a point to tell me that she used it and "It was a revelation." Heiji SS rocks. Just thought I'd share.

They are my favorites. Use mine every single day.

Isn't it funny that with all the high quality knives we've seen and used, there are still knives that make our jaws drop with their sheer cutting performance? I really want to try one out.

Still my favorite petty. "Revelation" is right.

My 240 SS Gyuto should be finished later this month, can't wait.

This is funny. I was just telling Jon last week that I miss my Heiji and I am planning on buying a new one at some point. I loved it at first, didn't use it for a couple months (due to purchasing way to many knives) then sold it. Now I have to get a new one because I wish I had it these days....

-Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by bkdc View Post
    Isn't it funny that with all the high quality knives we've seen and used, there are still knives that make our jaws drop with their sheer cutting performance? I really want to try one out.
    Heijis are insanely high end knives IMO. I've never seen or used one but with a price tag like that I would expect insane performance. I remember about a year ago I thought the tojiro I bought for 80 bucks was an insanely expensive knife. Now I own some really high end stuff and the Heijis are priced way above my current stash. I don't know if ill ever be on that level. I am extremely happy with things in the 200s rather than the 500s. You guys are really lucky.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

I remember when I thought that too. You ae on the edge of a precipice my friend. Wait until you use one. Then you will truly develop the fever.
    'I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.' Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckles View Post
    I remember when I thought that too. You ae on the edge of a precipice my friend. Wait until you use one. Then you will truly develop the fever.
    yep
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right