Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Heiji love

Maybe that's how he expects you to get through carrots

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    Entirely possible, but I love to cut very thin sections of rutabaga for making rutabaga fries. And I've found no better knives than my Heijis for it.
    I could see that. I should have clarified that only the first few large cuts (halving, quartering, etc) aren't great. As far as thinner cuts, I'd definitely agree, I haven't tried any gyuto that does it better than a Heiji.

Even the first few cuts are fine for me, but I find that almost any knife wedges in the first few cuts on a rutabaga, so I'm not saying that the Heiji doesn't, I'm just saying that it's not any worse than most anything else, and then once those are done it's just lovely.

I got a cortisone shot on my thumb, today, as well as. Thanks for reminding me of how much it hurts some times, Mucho Bocho, but if I'm lucky that will be a thing of the past.

ER, I hope the cortisone shot gives you some relief. Remember, even though you may not feel the pain as much, you can actually cause more damage to your digit as a result. Please keep us posted. Good Luck
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Thanks for the reminder on that, it's certainly easy to forget that less pain does not necessarily mean less damage.