Hopefully arriving soon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Randy spotted this piece on ebay and sent me a note. THANK YOU RANDY!
The starting bid was a little higher than I thought it was worth. But what the heck. It is not like you see something like this every day. It is a 20+ year old chunk of Rosewood Burl from Belize.
I won't know if I made a good buy or not until I cut it up.
$T2eC16h,!)kE9s4,Bu(mBR7C8JZDWg~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!rUFHNeQV(mnBR7C8T2t,g~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16V,!)8E9s4l7bM2BR7C8mfS4w~~60_57.JPG

I'm glad I didn't see it. I'd have been bidding against you and one of us would have overpaid. Congrats. Looks great.

Will this need to be dried? Stabilised? I'd love a block or 2
It should be more than dry enough already. I will know better whether to get it stabilized when I cut and sand some of it. Right now I am about 75% that it will not be getting stabilized. Depends on how oily the wood is. One good thing is that it does not oxidize dark like some varieties of Rosewood does. Some Rosewoods keep their color and others turn real dark over time.
Von Blewitt;
If you can help me successfully find a good source for fiddleback Tasmanian Blackwood I will give you a block of this.

I'm glad I didn't see it. I'd have been bidding against you and one of us would have overpaid. Congrats. Looks great.
I think I already overpaid, but if I can make a few bucks and get a good block for myself and one for Randy, I will call it good.

I am gonna need a few blocks of that for sure

I have NO DOUBT and I mean none! That this will be some of the SICKEST Rosewood burl you have ever seen! Just based on the last picture alone. :bigeek:

Did I mention this stuff is gona be good? :spiteful:

Im glad it worked out Mark and you were able to secure this piece!

:bigeek: :Ooooh:
That will be some nice knife blocks

UPS just dropped off a package and I started cutting immediately.
I had to sand a couple blocks for a closer look. Looking good so far.
cb001_zpsd3ba7769.jpg

Latest posts

Back