Quantcast
new JCK line, stainless WA Gyutos
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new JCK line, stainless WA Gyutos

new JCK line, stainless WA Gyutos

http://www.japanesechefsknife.com/Fu...wedenStainless
    they look pretty nice. very cheap comparatively speaking. sayas included. but they also have the dreaded machi gap.

At 60 HRC and with lightly printed kanji and I think they're closer to overpriced than "very cheap".
    -Matt

I dunno. If they are well ground and finished, could be a good value but yeah, I wouldn't say they are particularly inexpensive.

They remind me a lot of our beloved sakai yusukes. I wish Koki posted choil shots of the knives so we could examine the grind a bit.

They look very similar to Sakai Yusuke, aren't there also a line under the same brand made by Fujiwara Terayasu? Could be a re- branded Yusuke
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

the fu-ma-chu-whatever carbon version seems more interesting with its thicker stock and rustic finish (but mostly cause there is actually 270 version ).

Quote Originally Posted by Von blewitt View Post
    They look very similar to Sakai Yusuke, aren't there also a line under the same brand made by Fujiwara Terayasu? Could be a re- branded Yusuke
    the fu rin ka zan brand is a JCK house brand with 3 different lines, one of which being white steel stainless clad line that fujiwara terayasu is involved with.

if only the look was a little better then maybe the price would be justified. will it be a great hit? in terms of performance? hopefully someone gets one and reviews it or does a passaround.

=D

sheesh...i guess we all have our own ideas of value and bargains, dont we? i kinda wish there were more variations in profiles between makers of lasers, i know there are some minor differences but they are pretty hard to notice in photographs.

they could look completely identical hell even in person, yet as soon as you put it on the board profile differences are night and day. even between multiple copies of the same frigging model/length knives.

i consider myself a pretty novice sharpener, and i have a feeling eventually all my knives will have the same profile from the way i sharpen. does that sound logical?

saw that, speaking of, i hope i get in on that fuji tera passaround. profile and finish look similar to the tanaka ginsanko