Quantcast
Weight loss support group? - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss support group?

I've lost 53 pounds since January 1st. The first 20 were from January to May 1st, the next 33 were May 1st to August 1st. Still have about 13 to go, but they're "optional" pounds I don't really need to lose, and that makes motivation a bit harder. So I'm definitely in for some encouragement.

I'm working on moving toward a mostly plant-based diet of fruits, vegetables, whole-greans, and legumes. And exercise more regularly as well. Signed up for a 10-miler to help me focus!

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    I'm working on moving toward a mostly plant-based diet of fruits, vegetables, whole-greans, and legumes. And exercise more regularly as well. Signed up for a 10-miler to help me focus!
    That's the way to lose weight for sure

I just read a column of joke diets, and one that is no joke is the chewing diet. You chew each bite at least 50 times. It slows you down, makes the food more digestible, and gives your stomach more time to tell your brain that you have in fact eaten!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

When I retired about eight years ago I weighed 185. Then I was diagonosed with a pre diabetic condition. I went on what I call the "C" diet. No cookies, cakes, candies. And I learned the difference between good carbs and bad. Now I'm 157 and I've been that way for some time. Sure I exercise three or four times a week also, but I think it's keeping the sugars and carbs to a minimum that really takes the pounds off. Good luck Stefan. Weight loss is the best investment anyone can make.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I could do with losing a little weight but being a Chef, I find it very hard to improve my diet. It's not that I eat a load of really unhealthy stuff, it's that I have to eat things that are really fast so generally aren't exactly super healthy either. I eat a huge amount of white bread and I am going to try cutting that out and see if I lose any weight. No matter what I do with my diet, it seems to make no difference but hopefully this will

In terms of exercise, I am a big believer in bodyweight exercises. They aren't exactly trendy but they definitely work, I absolutely detest the gym so I'll give them a go again as well

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    I could do with losing a little weight but being a Chef, I find it very hard to improve my diet. It's not that I eat a load of really unhealthy stuff, it's that I have to eat things that are really fast so generally aren't exactly super healthy either. I eat a huge amount of white bread and I am going to try cutting that out and see if I lose any weight. No matter what I do with my diet, it seems to make no difference but hopefully this will

In terms of exercise, I am a big believer in bodyweight exercises. They aren't exactly trendy but they definitely work, I absolutely detest the gym so I'll give them a go again as well
    Cutting out white bread will certainly help. Processed foods are bad, especially processed carbs. Not everyone realizes that the body turns carbs into sugar. And white bread is at the top of the bad list of carbs. Try dark breads like pumpernickel if you need to eat bread, they're much better for you.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Stefan,

You might want to look into TLS. I am not a shill, just a happy successful customer. I lost 39 pounds in 12 weeks this past Spring under the supervision/coaching of a PhD Chemist/Nutritionist and have kept it off since May. My wife lost 35 pounds. It is a low-glycemic plan with heavy emphasis on fresh veggies, fruit, and lean meat. Minimal processed carbs. It is a structured program which is survivable. I would be happy to answer questions or make an introduction if you are interested. In am getting ready for another cycle to knock off another 20 before Thanksgiving. -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    Cutting out white bread will certainly help. Processed foods are bad, especially processed carbs. Not everyone realizes that the body turns carbs into sugar. And white bread is at the top of the bad list of carbs. Try dark breads like pumpernickel if you need to eat bread, they're much better for you.
    Yeah that's pretty helpful Sir, I am far from an expert in this field. I tried couscous a while ago and didn't really like it so I'll try brown bread instead. No matter what I've changed with my diet, the bread has remained so I'll change it

The timing of this thread is interesting because a man from my hometown recently won a National award for slimming. He lost 17 stone in a year and a half. Here's a video about him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    I just read a column of joke diets, and one that is no joke is the chewing diet. You chew each bite at least 50 times. It slows you down, makes the food more digestible, and gives your stomach more time to tell your brain that you have in fact eaten!
    That is really good advice.Just chewing food enjoying the flavors,slowing the pace instead of wolfing it down.Fresh fruits & vegetables,cut out sugar & processed foods amap.Whole grains,brown rice,baked potatoes,beans,black eyed peas are full of nutrition,if you are exercising to help lose weight you need some complex carbo's to fuel your muscles.No Soda at all.Eat Fish.

I put seven green tea bags in a gallon glass jar & put it in the sun.Sun tea makes good ice tea.I go through a gallon every 2 or 3 days.I used to put some sugar,now none I actually like it better without,just ice & a slice of lime.

I won a few weight wars doing the above & riding my bike up mountains,I just can't stick wt. it,I like my butter & Hops Beer.