Quantcast
Weight loss support group? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss support group?

Living on a raw juice diet certainly gives you nuitrition,just make sure to wash the fruits & veg. good.One raw juice co. didn't Pasturize & people got sick.Now most of them flash Pasturize which leaves most of the nutrients.

I bought a pretty good juicer,but found I couldn't stick wt. it.It did make good compost wt. all the waste.I like to eat,funny thing is alot of things to cook wt. are healthy,garlic,onions,ginger lemongrass the list goes on.Just eat smaller portions of fresh food,salads,Fish,small amount of brown rice.Walk instead of drive if you can.It is true that raw juice will satisfy you for a while & give you energy but eventually you get hungry.

If guys on this Forum are serious about losing weight maybe a time frame would work say 3 months see how much you can lose in that amount of time & it still would not be Holiday season yet like thanksgiving

Don't juicers take out most of the fiber? That's a significant part of the benefit of eating fruits and veggies. A blender will leave in small pieces of solids, but that's part of what makes you feel full.

Exactly you have to put alot of food in those things & most of it is thrown out.I read a book on Green Tea it has many health benefits some claims are can cure cancer & heart disease.Studies have shown that it lowers cholesterol,burning fat,preventing diabetes and stroke.I read about this Russian guy who was a solo world sailor.He was at Chernobyl & had all kinds of health problems.He drank a gallon of green tea every day & claims it brought him back to health.Like I said I make green Ice tea with no sugar really cheap I buy boxes wt. 100 bags on sale for 5.00.I put in a thermos when I do outside work.Drink it at meals & in between.I can't remember the last time I was sick.I do enjoy European Beer wt lots of Hops every now & then.

[QUOTE=toddnmd;231674]Don't juicers take out most of the fiber? That's a significant part of the benefit of eating fruits and veggies. A blender will leave in small pieces of solids, but that's part of what makes you feel full.[/QUOTE

+1...... Vita-mix smoothie is your best option if you want to go to liquid route.

There's an interesting article in the NY Times today about how exercise actual change the functionality of genes in our cells. It enhances a process called "DNA methylation" that increases genes ability to reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes and obesity.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Okay, I'm gonna join you bunch of losers. I'm not into behavior modification or support groups, but for weight loss and maintenance they're the best things for me. I'm following a program that worked for five years before. Goal is to get to 155 lbs and wear the nice clothes I had before.

Stephan, thanks for having the courage for starting this thread.
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough." —Mark Twain

So, are you guys going to chronicle your workouts/diet/changes and say what you find is helping/working? I love the idea, but it needs to be organized so that people can track each other's progress. Otherwise, it'll just be a jumbled mess...
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

[QUOTE=RRLOVER;231716]
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    Don't juicers take out most of the fiber? That's a significant part of the benefit of eating fruits and veggies. A blender will leave in small pieces of solids, but that's part of what makes you feel full.[/QUOTE

+1...... Vita-mix smoothie is your best option if you want to go to liquid route.
    +1 again. If our vitamix broke, we would replace it immediately. I couldn't say that about most of our appliances.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I watched this a couple years ago. Have been wondering how well it would do. I think after my 2 week stint I will try this out. I have a boss that says he tried it out, but I don't believe that he stayed on it for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Check this out
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD8e4Mg3NFU

I kid you not, I lost 10lb in 6 days.
    It is not so easy but once you get in the groove of it, it works well.
    Eventually you can take one meal a day in juice and it will be great diet.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    So, are you guys going to chronicle your workouts/diet/changes and say what you find is helping/working? I love the idea, but it needs to be organized so that people can track each other's progress. Otherwise, it'll just be a jumbled mess...

Good point.

I've taken my baseline weight and measured my waist (relaxed--big difference from when I'm holding it in!). Since it's the first week of August, I'll report back the first week of September to see if there are any differences.
    Right now I'm committed to at least two meals a day based on fruits/vegetables/legumes/whole grains/nuts. For now, limited amounts of chicken breast/fish/egg. Pork and/or beef no more than two times a week. Minimal or no dairy.
    I'm planning to run three times a week. I can currently run/jog up to 30 minutes--I'm looking to increase that time for one run each week.

The above will help me focus. Looking forward to seeing other people's ideas.