Quantcast
Weight loss support group? - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss support group?

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I watched this a couple years ago. Have been wondering how well it would do. I think after my 2 week stint I will try this out. I have a boss that says he tried it out, but I don't believe that he stayed on it for very long.
    I think going for 60 days is way too over the top here, but going on juices during the weekend is fine.
    If one watches what they are eating the rest of the time it should result in a weight loss.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I wasn't thinking 60 days. More like 30 max, prob 10 like he says in the movie when explaining it.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I wasn't thinking 60 days. More like 30 max, prob 10 like he says in the movie when explaining it.
    I think 10 days is perfectly doable, the biggest hurdle IMO is realizing that no solid food intake is OK, hard to convince the mind though.

It's important to remember that losing weight is good, but keeping the weight off is the important thing. Too many diets have you do things that are unsustainable so you lose the weight, but then it comes right back. What works best, in my experience, is the slow and steady method that comes from changes in diet and activity. It you can't change your life style you won't keep the weight off
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Just posted my 'last meal' in another thread. Although I agree with Myron, I am generally aiming more for a long-term change rather than a short-term extreme diet. Losing weight is not a problem, keeping it down is. And I have plenty of attempts behind me... At least I learned from them, and I know I will have to deal with being impatient because of slow progress, but I also know that anything extreme will be less maintainable (is that a word?).

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    It's important to remember that losing weight is good, but keeping the weight off is the important thing. Too many diets have you do things that are unsustainable so you lose the weight, but then it comes right back. What works best, in my experience, is the slow and steady method that comes from changes in diet and activity. It you can't change your life style you won't keep the weight off
    I agree life style changes take more time.Some people who have been eating only processed foods for years actually go through detox.Radical weight loss in short time liquid diet is unsustainable.Over time eating slower,smaller portions,Quality fresh food & exercise you will lose weight maybe not as fast as radical diets but what good is it if you lose weight fast only to gain it back.

Ever try chewing water? More chewing is better!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Put it in a bowl and lap it up Spike good doggie

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    Good point.

I've taken my baseline weight and measured my waist (relaxed--big difference from when I'm holding it in!). Since it's the first week of August, I'll report back the first week of September to see if there are any differences.
    Right now I'm committed to at least two meals a day based on fruits/vegetables/legumes/whole grains/nuts. For now, limited amounts of chicken breast/fish/egg. Pork and/or beef no more than two times a week. Minimal or no dairy.
    I'm planning to run three times a week. I can currently run/jog up to 30 minutes--I'm looking to increase that time for one run each week.

The above will help me focus. Looking forward to seeing other people's ideas.
    I'd focus less on running longer and more on exercising more often. I try to wake up and immediately do something for 30 min. Low impact is more sustainable and it can be any exercise that moves your body weight around. Heck, getting up and lying down a couple hundred times is pretty good exercise. Do it while you're watching the tube.

Just catching up here. Still working on getting into it. i signed up for the Weight Watchers online program about a week ago because this gives me a decent guidance about the food intake I have. I like that it provides structure but also some flexibility, even though their 'point system' takes some getting used to. But with phone/pad app and website access it is easy to track intake.

Bought a bunch of fruit today and will prepare a few things for the next days, especially for breakfast, that I can take to work rather than picking up junk somewhere on the way. Also got some cans of V8 in the fridge now which I actually like (the spicy kind) as 'snacks' but never thought of in recent months. And I got some King Arthur whole wheat flour for bread and such. My bathroom scale should arrive tomorrow, and I expect to be fully 'on track' by the weekend.

Once the diet side is prepared and planned out a bit better, I need to get my lazy behind to exercise. That might be the bigger barrier, will have to see how I set that up.

Anybody else working on this?

Stefan