Quantcast
Weight loss support group?
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight loss support group?

Weight loss support group?

So, I clearly need to lose weight, I am carrying the weight of about one extra person in fat with me every day and things get annoyingly tiring. Things like walking up stairs, tying my shoes etc. And as the old saying goes: 'Misery loves company', so I was wondering if anybody here wants to start a weight loss effort with me. There are other support groups out there, but I thought I might as well ask here first.

I don't want to turn this into a hard competition because there is plenty of evidence that a slower but consistent weight loss is easier to maintain, extreme diets don't work well long term, and I just assume that we all love to eat too much to start giving up everything we love. Personally, I was thinking about the online Weight Watchers approach which is quite flexible and doable if you start with realistic expectations. At the same time I want to pay more attention to the organic/local/seasonal idea that has slipped a bit in the past hear. I know, exercise should also be part of that, but I am still in a motivational struggle about that...

My hope would be that by setting some goals and talking about them here my commitment would be stronger, we could virtually kick each other's behinds or offer encouragement and, on a practical level, me might even point each other to healthier things to eat - hoping that maybe even a few of the pros occasionally help out with tips.

So, anybody up for this?

Stefan

P.S. not sure if this is too off-topic for this forum. If so, please let me know.

I'm game too. I want to loose 30, and just started a same thing with my lady, who wants to loose some too. So I guess this is a +2
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

for what its worth, i have very little control over my diet, so i have to make up for everything in workouts

Gym 3x per week and personal trainer from time to time... i couldnt believe how out of shape i was the first day (its only been 2 weeks)

I'm in, I'd like to drop around 30kgs. I've done it before but it creeps back on! Hopefully some group motivation will give us all a kick start .
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Try adding quinoa to your diet. I eat it instead of eating rice every meal like most Asians do. You stay fuller for longer periods of time and it's a great source of protein. And of course eat more veges and fruits and stay away from processed food that has corn products in it.

I'm down, Stefan! I am the definition of a roller coaster in terms of weight, I was 75lbs lighter three years ago. I need to get back into it but I have problems... I love food and I love to eat!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

We used to have weight war bets usually after the holidays at work cooks easy to gain weight.Stephan next time you come to eat I'll stop at the salad coarse

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    Try adding quinoa to your diet. I eat it instead of eating rice every meal like most Asians do. You stay fuller for longer periods of time and it's a great source of protein. And of course eat more veges and fruits and stay away from processed food that has corn products in it.
    Pretty good advice. As you know I was a nutritionist in a previous life. Start off with small achievable goals and build on them. I am confident in you!
    Jason

I would love to talk training and exercise...... I have lost 45 pounds don't think I really can lose anymore.... I do believe it's 70 percent diet 30 percent exercise..... I wih you all the luck!!!