Catcheside Cutlery in Esquire Magazine

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
This is the uk version........ They did a phone interview a while ago, i sent them a lot of pretty damascus pics so i'm surprised they went with that picture....I was going to get some work together for them to photoshoot and thanks to those who offered to lend me pieces for a week or so, in the end the timescale they gave was not realistic, like the next day. So there was no full scale photo shoot. But I made print anyway. Slightly embarrassing, but you gota blow your horn if the light shines on you.:laugh: I did mention KKF in my interview, in fact I rattled on about loads of stuff, so it was hard to know what they would put in:D

http://www.esquire.co.uk/gear/gadgets/4454/best-of-british-the-custom-kitchen-knife/

Congratulations Will, that's great to see! Hopefully it's the first of many such articles, it can only lead to more interest and more exposure to your excellent work

First I couldn't read it all because there was a link to a lingerie photo shoot with Irina Shayk, but I went back and finished it ;) Nice write-up, congrats! Glad your great work gets appreciated.

Stefan

Awesome Will! Very glad to see you getting mainstream press.

The one in the middle looks familiar! Congrats Will, well deserved indeed!

Congratulations Will, you deserved it. keep up the good work!!

Congratulations Will. You did us proud..

Your lead time is a bummer. Its worth the wait anyway .Hell in 9 months a child would have popped out !

I am quite certain that you will get response and some not knife related like sessions on the power hammer. Keep on pounding with no mercy..( on yrself)

Have a nice week-end

rgds
d

Congrats Will! Esquire is a quality magazine!

Grats, Will! Great to see you're getting some recognition. Outside of KKF that is! :D
Your site will be my first stop when I start looking for a new gyuto.

Congrats Will, glad to know I got a few of your knives before they start going for Krameresque prices.:biggrin:

Congrats Will, glad to know I got a few of your knives before they start going for Krameresque prices.:biggrin:

+1
I so called this!
03-04-2012,
I am honored to have this knife in my collection and plan to add a sibling (sooner rather than later, so I get the order in before his prices and wait list start to reflect the quality of his work ...
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/5403-Catcheside-Feather-Damascus-240mm-Sujihiki

My only regret is getting distracted and not following thorough on that 2nd knife sooner. IMO, his prices are still a bargain now though.

I"m really glad to see "one of our own" getting some well deserved recognition. Now if the US Esquire would just get the hint...

Thank you all very much. It would not be possible to be able to take the time to make such nice pieces without you.:wink:

Back