Wilburn Forge Knife Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I figured I should get things going with a photo of my knife from Aaron.
I was very impressed with the fit and finish. Plus it is a great cutter.
The handle material is stabilized Bog Oak.
aw003_zpsea6ae545.jpg

aw009_zpse4b4f9ed.jpg

aw001_zpsc9a03fc2.jpg

aw017_zps1e5c8f0a.jpg

aw018_zpsdf368ff5.jpg

Hi Mark
Thanks for posting these pics .
As soon as I figure out how to post photos my self I'll put some more of the knives I'm working on up .
I just finished a honesuki, looks pretty cool .
From what I understand this style of knife works good for processing meat, deboning etc.

I am really glad to wilburn forge has joined the forum and that Aaron has received his MS. He makes very beautiful and functional knives.

Need to find some new pictures of mine to post with current patina! :cool2:

I am fond of daggers. When Aaron told me about it I couldn't wait to see photos.
WOW!!!! I like this.
dag1_zpscb774214.jpg

GORGEOUS! I love daggers as well, tho' not quite as much as Bowies, especially subhilts.

That pattern is one of the most impressive I have seen. Seriously, wowsers!

I really like how the spines drops down near the tip. I've got to get one of Aaron's knives!

Thanks Mark for helping me with the pics
I have another Bowie with really cool Damascus . And a feather Bowie i'm about to wrap up .

Very beautiful knives. Really like the D handles as well. The green and yellow one hits very close to home.

This is a new Santoku with 2 tone Pheasantwood and Amboyna Burl.
Aaron will have to provide the details.
1_zps92141027.jpg

1b_zpsba46813b.jpg

1a_zps43656f51.jpg

1c_zpsf3c1e445.jpg

Another big thanks to Mark for posting these pics.
I have some snowflake Damascus with firestorm edge in the works for a 10 "chef's knife with musk ox horn spacer and snake wood D handle.
I believe the third knife in the bottom pic is called a hankotsu . It's for processing protein . A customer sent a photo and the particulars and I made a few. This one has some of the coolest redwood burl. Mark sent me a small stash. There is so much resin in the wood it would gum up the sandpaper immediately, it finished out really nice.

There's a reason there's an M.S. stamped next to your name on your knives, fine work!

Thanks Peter
I have some pretty cool projects in the works I'll post pics as soon as I get them done.
Something for the kitchen and some non kitchen knives.

Back