• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Few good 'uns

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott6452

Reaction score
So I don't really do any cooking at my job anymore, and can't really justify having as much an expense of knives sitting here when the money is needed elsewhere (bills and motorbikes!) so i'm basically clearing out the herd. None have been getting any use for months and they do not deserve to be locked away as drawer queens. So with a heavy heart here we go...

Harner 165 nakiri in CTS-XHP. Handle consists of copper guard, African blackwood ferrule with a copper spacer, ironwood burl and a copper pin. Nice big handed handle. Overall length 350mm. Best overall craftsmanship and finish I have seen on a knife. This is the thinnest knife behind the edge you will likely come across. Simply mindblowing. As a result, falls through anything thrown at it. Only ever touched up on 5k stone. Paid $650 at the start of year. Asking $500.00

note: I would like to give Tom (Lefty) the first say on this one as I know he was very fond of it!

Butch1.jpg

Butch2.jpg

Butch3.jpg

Next up is the best looking knife I will ever likely own. Catcheside 272mm sujihiki in feather Damascus with dyed burl handle, nickel silver and bog oak spacers, and the even rarer than normal multibar twisty ferrule and endcap. Very thin behind the edge, and with a great grind. Cuts like a dream with food release to match. Again the time and craftsmanship that went in to making this knife really shows. There is a tiny 2mm nick at the heel (pictured) that will sharpen out in about 2 sessions I would guess. Sharpened on 1k once, apart from that, only 5k touch ups. Paid $1350 Asking $1150

will1.jpg

will3.jpg

Will2.jpg

will4.jpg

Custom Konosuke Fujiyama series 330mm sakimaru takobiki in blue#1 steel. It has an ebony handle with a silver spacer. Easy to wield, not too heavy, and not too thin. A similarly spec'd sakimaru would run over $700 today. Comes with saya but no pin. Great finished knife and great condition. Asking $450.00

konosuke.jpg

konosuke2.jpg

Konosuke3.jpg

HHH parer. Buckeye burl handle. AEB-L. Amazing taper on these things, the tip is really fine. Great handle fit in hand. One scale can get slightly loose from one pin when wet, but no problem once dry again. Asking $100.00

HHH1.jpg

Ealy 52100 parer with ironwood handle. $100.00

Ealy1.jpg

Takamura suminagashi 11cm parer. Great finished and looking knife with Takamura's magic SG2 heat treat. $120.00 (bottom in picture)

takamura.jpg

And finally, Ohira Tomae Lv 3,5 Lovely Jnat, leaves a great polish. Paid $185 from Maxim. Only used about 6 times. Asking $120.00

Ohira.jpg

What are the dimensions on the Ohira Tomae?

Ealy parer sold. HHH parer SPF. 1 in line for Harner

Wow...I love these knives, and really REALLY wish I could make the Harner mine... But, I can't do it at this time. Whoever gets it is going to be one lucky guy!

Absolutely great stuff. Makes me wonder what you're holding onto!!

Would've love to bite on that Harner and skip the waiting game for the one I have on order from him. But I just really don't have cash for that right now. And not likely for the next 6 months, so I'm not sure why I'm even looking at BST. Very dangerous with listings like these. Really cool knives, Scott! GLWS!

Beautiful knives. I have cried over selling my Kono 330 tako a few times, just no budget for knives right now. And everybody should have a Harner nakiri. And, of course, that piece by Will is a show stopper... GLWS,

Stefan

The friggin Catcheside made me poop myself. TWICE. Really wish it was in my budget. One of the coolest looking knives I've ever seen. Somebody buy this before I start casing rival restaurants, or selling organs...

I have two Catchesides here, right now, and Will's work is unbelievable....

Ok status check. Only the Harner is still available (I came to my senses about the Catcheside and have withdrawn it)

Final price reduction to $475. Under 75% new price, in new condition. If it doesn't sell there its not going any lower :biggrin:

What is the deal with shipping? Let's say to the US.

-Chuck

brand new Konosuke Fujiyama only cost 400~500 buck

In Blue #1, with ebony handle with a silver spacer, and a ebony saya?!? Please show where... Don't post things like this on someone's thread. If you have a question feel free to send them a PM and ask.

Closest thing I can find is $550 for a Blue #2 (less expensive), 300mm (less expensive), Ho wood saya (much less expensive), non ebony handle (again less expensive).... Sooooo ya, I'd assume $750 is a pretty close estimate if not even a little under estimated.

-Chuck

Edit: I took out the word dumb.

Bump!

Guys, I know I just sold a Harner Nakiri at a cheaper price, but I want to mention a couple things: I sold mine well under market value, and this is at least as discounted as mine was. This is a freaking steal! Also, think of this knife as a "Premium" item, like Murray sells on his site. Some pieces are just that special, and this is one of them. Somebody needs to but this, and prep thousands of meals with this thing. Seriously, this one is at a different level.

might be a noob question, but what's the difference between the L.R. Harner stamp and Harner III stamp?

Hello, I just became a registered user and I'm interested in the Harner, but have no idea how to get in contact with you. Any help on making contact would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the shipping cost to Canada or is it included in your price?

Latest posts

Back