Downside of using japanese knives is ...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
KKF Supporting Craftsman
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
... the user :doublebanghead: I have just managed to nearly debone my right thumb with my Yoshi SKD 80mm petty in a failed to unpack playing-pad for a new-born (5 months in advance, oh well). I needed to cut a few strings that held the thing in its box. I turned the knife blade up, accidentally stumbled with the handle over the edge of the box and the knife twisted in my hand, and with practically no resistance, the heel of the blade sliced through my finger.

I have cut the same finger about 2 months ago when putting my (now traded) 270 Yoshikane Suji SLD on a magnetic bar (also with the heel of the blade) ...

I feel like a complete ...

Just go ahead, give it to me, I deserve it :beatinghead:

At least a clean cut will heal faster. I cut my index finger with a serrated Wusthof and it took what seemed like forever to heal because it was sawn, not sliced.

Yeah, it was a clean cut indeed - I mean there was no blood on the blade (like in those fake samurai movies)

Now you definitely own the knife! Hope it heals up quickly!

Clean cuts tend to heal longer then the other type as far as I remember school. So yea, wear ant-ishark gloves next time :p

Haha ya they can be dangerous, I was cleaning my mandoline one time and almost sliced my finger completely off

Supaglue... that is all I have to say... it still tingles too - nerve damage, ya know.

if yoshikane was a US company you could sue them for damages and you would most likely end up as a millionaire... :clown:

hope your finger heals quickly!

The good news is, you are now bonded with that knife.

The good news is, you are now bonded with that knife.

Well, I was a bit grungy yesterday, but today I used the Yoshi to trim a bunch of roses and we are fine again :)

if yoshikane was a US company you could sue them for damages and you would most likely end up as a millionaire...

Oh, could still sue Maxim cool:, but maybe Jon would then decline selling me the Zakuri ... :scratchhead:

I guess I leave it at that. But the advantage is that I do not have to do the dishes for a while :wink:

Damn. reading this gives me shivers.
Hope your finger recovers fast and proper.

It's good to see that the Yoshikane survived. It told me that your thumb was your punishment for abusing it and it wants you to buy a pocket knife so that it won't have to go through that trauma again.

I hope your thumb heals well and fast.

Thanks. I have indeed learned that for opening boxes or other utility tasks there are, well, utility knives which among others do NOT have a razor sharp heel :) I actually have to check with Burt Foster whether I got on his waiting list (for a utility knife indeed) :)

Back