• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Vintage carbon Forgecrafts and Sabatier

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heirkb

Reaction score
I bought a few of these at a local flea market hoping to fix them up and have decided I'm just too lazy for it, especially since I don't actually want/need any new knives. I'm hoping to get back what I put in plus shipping.

These are all in different levels of finish. I've cleaned, thinned and sanded each one to varying degrees. All of them had rust under the scales and I wasn't happy with the "just oil the scales" method, so I took them off and cleaned the tangs and the wood. I damaged some of the handles and some were just cracked so I tossed those. I have 5 (2.5 pairs) scales left that could go on any of these knives (see pictures for drilling damage on some scales). I took some closeups of random areas to illustrate the amount of pitting that is on these blades. If these were thinned to the level I think they need to be, most of these would come out.

10inch Forgecraft chef knife (~9.5in): 47-48mm at heel; profile adjusted so needs some thinning; some pitting. Some of spine and choil rounded. 25 USD shipped CONUS

10inch Forgecraft chef knife (~9.7in): 50mm at heel; heavier pitting towards the tip on one side, but also some room for thinning a lot of them out
30 USD shipped CONUS

8inch Forgecraft chef knife: 41-42mm at heel; lighter pitting than the rest.
20 USD shipped CONUS

8inch Forgecraft fillet/boning (?) knife: very convex bevels that I kept the same way as I thinned. Not sure if that was the original grind, though.
15 USD shipped CONUS

10inch Sabatier slicer (~9.75in): 30mm at heel; profile adjusted so needs some thinning; one scale is cracked; has some mustard patina; pitting on this one is much much lighter; really nice distal taper; fixed the heel bolster a little. It looks weird in the pictures, but it actually has a nice profile
30 USD shipped CONUS

If you buy a few, it saves me money on shipping, so I can lower the prices. If you want the package insured, please ask for it, because I can't afford to cover a lost/damaged package if there is no insurance for it.

photo1_zps566f50ab.jpg

photo2_zps83e21d74.jpg

photo3_zps523dfd29.jpg

photo4_zps3e9488c0.jpg

photo5_zps612fcab1.jpg

photo1_zps971ee3ea.jpg
photo2_zpsc4eaf9aa.jpg

photo3_zps189d8055.jpg

photo_zpsf28a90e0.jpg

Woah, wasn't expecting this many PMs. I'll get back to you guys soon.

Ok, so the 3 Forgecraft chef knives and the Sab slicer are all pending. I'll keep updating as I receive payment.

Sab is SOLD.

Forgecraft chef knives pending.

Fillet/boner still available.

I'd jump on it, but I've got three sitting in my drawer waiting for some love...but those chefs; dammit!

Seems like my post didn't go through earlier.

Everything SOLD. (I'm pulling the fillet/boner for now; I'd just lose a few bucks on it anyway)

Back