Quantcast
Custom orders closed until 2014 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom orders closed until 2014

Great to hear that it worked out! Will you continue with your utility line from time to time or will you focus on the higher end/epic knives?

Quote Originally Posted by jigert View Post
    Great to hear that it worked out!
    +1 - Can't we add a "Like" button here, I am so getting used to that

Thanks Guys, I will not be making mono steel or utility line to order. The plan will be to work on my apprentice making mono-steel knives. No doubt in the first year some utility line will start to appear, all made in house and to my approval, if things go somewhere near plan. In year two maybe some rustic san mai in a utility line format.
    Personally I will focus on san mai and damascus, which will be made 100% by me and I will take custom orders on the high end line up. This is the best use of my time. Of course to start with I will be playing more of a part in the mono and utility knives, less as an apprentice becomes competent. Its going to be a fun balance. Main thing is I'm really looking forward to having some company in the workshop

I am catching up steadily with current orders and feel much happier. I will be opening my custom order list for 2014 shortly. It will take me a week or two to work through the rest of this damascus batch. I can then update the new menu/pricing available for 2014. It will be high end carbon damascus and stainless damascus and plain stainless san mai with a few core options. I will be doing fixed profile selection from now on and will be making numbered templates in stainless, will also adds this to my site in a few weeks. I will send out notice when orders are open to my mailing list, and of course post here. I will take limited orders for next year, allowing time to work on one off projects.
    I will not be making mono knives except the odd test piece for new core steels, my time is much better spent on forged work.

I am happy to see that you are keeping your self creativity busy. I am feeling bad for cancelling the order (there was a shigefusa interference), but one of your knives is on my list for to buy. So I am looking fwd for the next years orders.

All best

Vangelis

Not to worry. Your order will be most welcome when your ready. I will open orders for 2014 shortly, just need to do all the web stuff, and do the template profiles. The general plan is to have a balance between custom and stuff made to sell each year. So I may take say 25-30 high ish end orders for 2014 then close the list and balance it with what other things we can produce, both high end and in the future more utility end. That way It does not get out of control with several years wait and there are different opportunities to buy. Thats the plan anyway, see if it works out

Man, I hate you for being so damn talented....
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Well I can live with that, mans gotta eat Tom! although i know you love me really
    Just a reminder for those worrying to get on the 2014 list, go on my site and get on my mailing list, you will get told when i have a knife available and when the list opens.
    I know some orders have gone terribly slow this year, but at the moment im on track to get everything wound up for the year end.
    Many Thanks

+ Reply to Thread