Quantcast
NYC Gatherings: Diners Wanted. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC Gatherings: Diners Wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Always willing to eat good food. We're just beginning to emerge from our new-job-first-time-house-buying-mortgages-suck-why-is-my-roof-leaking-fixing-this-sh!t-costs-HOW-MUCH?!-What-do-you-mean-you-found-more-crap-wrong-sell-a-kidney-to-pay-for-it stupor.

A night out would be awesome, especially if it also helps support a member's restaurant. And I'll be honest, the chance to find a restaurant that isn't simply the living embodiment of the whole "Fat-is-Flavor" bull-crap and actually remembers to create some balanced friggin' dishes instead of just drenching food in butter and oil would be VERY welcome. How the crap so many restaurants in this city can be so well regarded and yet seem only to serve up fat and salt blows my brain-pan.
    But tell us how you really feel.

Thanks to all who have responded to this. I think we need a chef or two to offer to be our first hosts. Any takers?
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I would love to go into NYC with you all, I live. Part time in ny Putnam county

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    But tell us how you really feel.
    Sorry about that. The wife and I had decided to take a night off from home repair and splurge at a Zagat adored, Yelp adored restaurant costing a non-trivial sum (though not that bad for NYC, I suppose) only to be incredibly disappointed. It was like restaurant week all over again. I apologize for not leaving the cantankerousness at the door. Or log-in, or whatever. Not usually a whiny piss-ant but I guess we all have our days...

That's for sure, we all have our days.

I can't seem to get any of our NYC chefs to be the first host. Of course we'd all pay our own way, but we just need a chef to host the gathering at their restaurant. Any takers?
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Sorry, this is just an odd time of year for restaurants in NYC. Chefs are trying to get guys covered for vacations while it is still slow. Menus are starting to get changed for fall and parties are starting to get booked heavily. We short handed and busy at the same time. Never a good combo. I could host it here on a Thursday. The rest of the week kinda sucks for me.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I am in. Interested meeting new members and seriously considering trading work for lessons (cooking lessons that is)

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com