NYC Gatherings: Diners Wanted.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
There must be a number of KKF members who are chefs in NYC and a lot more members who want to get together over one of your dinners. How about a quarterly dinner where us NYers get together at opne of your restaurants. It would be a great way for us to get to know each other and sample your respective fares. I've been at Son's place on 14th Street but I'd bet there are a number of other chefs and members out there who might be interested in this. If you are you can post here or PM me and I'll try to put something together to start the ball rolling. Maybe we could shoot for September as a start. Just let us know if you're interested in hosting, participating or both. Thanks.

I'd like an opportunity to support and meet forums members. Is there a list of places with our members involved?

I'd like an opportunity to support and meet forums members. Is there a list of places with our members involved?

Not that I'm aware of, but if anyone has ever compiled one it would be great to have. Absent that, as members respond to this thread I'll put a list together for reference.

Now that I'm out in the public sector, in the fall we could do something.

did i misread your previous comment? sorry... it was a long day and i've got jury duty tomorrow

I'm in NYC and would be very interested. Currently a Chef in Hell's Kitchen.

did i misread your previous comment? sorry... it was a long day and i've got jury duty tomorrow

Last time I had jury duty I had to watch two people with very dirty feet have an@l sex on the screen of the courtroom along with 11 other very uncomfortable jurors (not kidding.) Hope yours was better.

I'm always open but, I'll be dropping off the planet next month for a bit.

Always willing to eat good food. We're just beginning to emerge from our new-job-first-time-house-buying-mortgages-suck-why-is-my-roof-leaking-fixing-this-sh!t-costs-HOW-MUCH?!-What-do-you-mean-you-found-more-crap-wrong-sell-a-kidney-to-pay-for-it stupor.

A night out would be awesome, especially if it also helps support a member's restaurant. And I'll be honest, the chance to find a restaurant that isn't simply the living embodiment of the whole "Fat-is-Flavor" bull-crap and actually remembers to create some balanced friggin' dishes instead of just drenching food in butter and oil would be VERY welcome. How the crap so many restaurants in this city can be so well regarded and yet seem only to serve up fat and salt blows my brain-pan.

Always willing to eat good food. We're just beginning to emerge from our new-job-first-time-house-buying-mortgages-suck-why-is-my-roof-leaking-fixing-this-sh!t-costs-HOW-MUCH?!-What-do-you-mean-you-found-more-crap-wrong-sell-a-kidney-to-pay-for-it stupor.

A night out would be awesome, especially if it also helps support a member's restaurant. And I'll be honest, the chance to find a restaurant that isn't simply the living embodiment of the whole "Fat-is-Flavor" bull-crap and actually remembers to create some balanced friggin' dishes instead of just drenching food in butter and oil would be VERY welcome. How the crap so many restaurants in this city can be so well regarded and yet seem only to serve up fat and salt blows my brain-pan.
But tell us how you really feel.

Thanks to all who have responded to this. I think we need a chef or two to offer to be our first hosts. Any takers?

I would love to go into NYC with you all, I live. Part time in ny Putnam county

But tell us how you really feel.

Sorry about that. The wife and I had decided to take a night off from home repair and splurge at a Zagat adored, Yelp adored restaurant costing a non-trivial sum (though not that bad for NYC, I suppose) only to be incredibly disappointed. It was like restaurant week all over again. I apologize for not leaving the cantankerousness at the door. Or log-in, or whatever. Not usually a whiny piss-ant but I guess we all have our days...

That's for sure, we all have our days.

I can't seem to get any of our NYC chefs to be the first host. Of course we'd all pay our own way, but we just need a chef to host the gathering at their restaurant. Any takers?

Sorry, this is just an odd time of year for restaurants in NYC. Chefs are trying to get guys covered for vacations while it is still slow. Menus are starting to get changed for fall and parties are starting to get booked heavily. We short handed and busy at the same time. Never a good combo. I could host it here on a Thursday. The rest of the week kinda sucks for me.

I am in. Interested meeting new members and seriously considering trading work for lessons (cooking lessons that is)

M

Latest posts

Back