Quantcast
Delbert Ealy 240 custom gyuto
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delbert Ealy 240 custom gyuto

Delbert Ealy 240 custom gyuto

OK Gang,

It pains me to do this, but I am putting up the Delbert Ealy gyuto for sale. It is a super cool knife, unbelievably beautiful with unbelievable nice fit and finish. This one is the spalted oak handle if I remember correctly. You can see the thread of the knife with better pictures of the handle here. The damascus is amazing.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...!&daysprune=-1

Ok, the reason I am selling the knife is that it is just not for me. The steel is super awesome, hard, but takes a great edge. The reason I am selling it, if you can believe it, is it is too thin for me. I mean this baby is the Kate Moss of knives. I am just used to something more robust. The thinness gives the knife a little flex that I am not used to. Maybe, if someone is looking for a super thin knife, this is the knife for them.

Sorry for the crap cell pics. My camera is out of battery and I can't find the charger. PM me or email me at chazmtb at hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Asking $700 shipped and PP.

Thanks,

Bao
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0205.jpg‎
Views:	180
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	648   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0208.jpg‎
Views:	168
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	649  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0206.jpg‎
Views:	163
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	650  

Wow... I think I'm speechless. Did you try to get used to it?

Yes. I tried to get use to it. Problem is not really the knife. It is me, and that I have too many knives to choose from. There is more flex to the blade than I would like. But the steel is amazing. The fit and finish is even more amazing.

I wasn't suggesting it was the knife. I'm just surprised you gave up.

I finally got to see Del's gyutos in person today, and I can attest pics do not do the damascus justice. Beautiful blades! Someone is goning to get a nice score on this one.

Del sold a couple of these on Sat @ ECG for more than this....I'm shocked this knife hasn't sold already.

Quote Originally Posted by chazmtb View Post
    OK Gang,

It pains me to do this, but I am putting up the Delbert Ealy gyuto for sale. It is a super cool knife, unbelievably beautiful with unbelievable nice fit and finish. This one is the spalted oak handle if I remember correctly. You can see the thread of the knife with better pictures of the handle here. The damascus is amazing.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...!&daysprune=-1

Ok, the reason I am selling the knife is that it is just not for me. The steel is super awesome, hard, but takes a great edge. The reason I am selling it, if you can believe it, is it is too thin for me. I mean this baby is the Kate Moss of knives. I am just used to something more robust. The thinness gives the knife a little flex that I am not used to. Maybe, if someone is looking for a super thin knife, this is the knife for them.

Sorry for the crap cell pics. My camera is out of battery and I can't find the charger. PM me or email me at chazmtb at hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Asking $700 shipped and PP.

Thanks,

Bao
    Bummer. I'm also not a fan of knives with flex. I was wondering if I just had a problem adapting but I guess we all really do have specific preferences.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Final price reduction to $600.

Thanks,

Bao

Bao-
    PM sent to your hotmail account.

Replied.

+ Reply to Thread