• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Delbert Ealy 240 custom gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmtb

Banned
Reaction score
OK Gang,

It pains me to do this, but I am putting up the Delbert Ealy gyuto for sale. It is a super cool knife, unbelievably beautiful with unbelievable nice fit and finish. This one is the spalted oak handle if I remember correctly. You can see the thread of the knife with better pictures of the handle here. The damascus is amazing.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?657-Delbert-Gyutos-in-Stock!&daysprune=-1

Ok, the reason I am selling the knife is that it is just not for me. The steel is super awesome, hard, but takes a great edge. The reason I am selling it, if you can believe it, is it is too thin for me. I mean this baby is the Kate Moss of knives. I am just used to something more robust. The thinness gives the knife a little flex that I am not used to. Maybe, if someone is looking for a super thin knife, this is the knife for them.

Sorry for the crap cell pics. My camera is out of battery and I can't find the charger. PM me or email me at chazmtb at hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Asking $700 shipped and PP.

Thanks,

Bao

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

Wow... I think I'm speechless. Did you try to get used to it?

Yes. I tried to get use to it. Problem is not really the knife. It is me, and that I have too many knives to choose from. There is more flex to the blade than I would like. But the steel is amazing. The fit and finish is even more amazing.

I wasn't suggesting it was the knife. I'm just surprised you gave up.

I finally got to see Del's gyutos in person today, and I can attest pics do not do the damascus justice. Beautiful blades! Someone is goning to get a nice score on this one.

Del sold a couple of these on Sat @ ECG for more than this....I'm shocked this knife hasn't sold already.

OK Gang,

It pains me to do this, but I am putting up the Delbert Ealy gyuto for sale. It is a super cool knife, unbelievably beautiful with unbelievable nice fit and finish. This one is the spalted oak handle if I remember correctly. You can see the thread of the knife with better pictures of the handle here. The damascus is amazing.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php?657-Delbert-Gyutos-in-Stock!&daysprune=-1

Ok, the reason I am selling the knife is that it is just not for me. The steel is super awesome, hard, but takes a great edge. The reason I am selling it, if you can believe it, is it is too thin for me. I mean this baby is the Kate Moss of knives. I am just used to something more robust. The thinness gives the knife a little flex that I am not used to. Maybe, if someone is looking for a super thin knife, this is the knife for them.

Sorry for the crap cell pics. My camera is out of battery and I can't find the charger. PM me or email me at chazmtb at hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Asking $700 shipped and PP.

Thanks,

Bao

Bummer. I'm also not a fan of knives with flex. I was wondering if I just had a problem adapting but I guess we all really do have specific preferences.

Ratton is the first to get to me with a full price offer. This is sold pending funds.

Wow... I am feeling enormously stupid for not having checked this portion of the forums in the last week. :doublebanghead: Congrats to evanjohnson though!

Wow. UPS decided not to throw this box on my porch- THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

A real beaut. I see what you mean by the flex. Kind of odd. She's thin where the blade comes out of the handle which allows some deflection. With push cuts on softer materials, this should not be an issue.

Bao, thanks for the excellant packing and prompt shipping.

What should I buy next???

Back