My New Sharpening Station WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
I decided to build whole new Sharpening station :D

Been inspired in Japan by shigefusa and sword-polishers.

I now try to build my own Polishing sharpening Station where i can have water everywhere :p

Togibune
IMG_1661.jpg

Base for Togibune is ready, now need to make water sink and drain. Instead of traditional cedar wood i used some water-resistant plate

That will be a large station. Will you sit or stand when using it?

sit

Here is example of one station. I will however make small changes :D

P10500332.jpg

Finished and time to use it :D

IMG_1667.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

That looks like an impressive setup maxim.

Is that giant stone four jns 800's stuck together?

That's just unreal. Amazing station, Maksim!

Can I order one? Maybe I'll put it in my wife's closet. :D

Your collection is nuts, btw.

Pretty sweet set up. How about some vids to see you in action?

it is already field with mud and swarf :D

I try to make a video one of the days

IMG_1673.jpg

You mucky pup, looks great. Can never get into the work sat low like that myself, probably need to do more yoga.:D

Its more relaxing :D and i can splash with water and mud everywhere

impressive, I too would like to see a video of that bad boy in action

Here you go :D
Just some sharpening before Shipment Today

[video=youtube;qdsKGxGW8zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsKGxGW8zc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for sharing Maxim. You look just like you're avatar. HA

Love the sharpening station, but your legs and feet look cramped. Improper ergonomics will do destroy the human body quick. Perhaps if you raise your stone stand a bit, that will allow you to sit more upright, might be able to move your feet more parallel and along-side your stones, as opposed to the current oblique and behind stone foot position. I still have a lot to learn about sharpening, but being in the computer industry for over 20 years, I know a lot about ergonomics. Any hoo, thanks for the video!

Hehe nehh i sit just fine :D
If i raise a stones then i will get hurt back because my hands and shoulders will go up. I used like that before :)
That one is so i have it as comfortable as possible. I like to sharpen with a lot of pressure so laying down on the stone is most efficient for me

BTW Stones Used in that Video:
Huge Binsui
Red Aoto
Ohira Range Suita
Monzento Aoto

Thank you i know what you mean :D Been working in the kitchen i had that problem that all tables was to big for me. So had bit problem with my back. Not much thought
And also i dont sit and sharpen all day long :) Max 2 hrs a day. Mostly is polishing that i do on the floor :p

Music is RHCP b-side

You certainly know better than I. Just be cognizant of your posture. Thanks again for the video. What music was playing in the background?

I have to go to work, but is it weird that I "could" watch a 30 minute video of sharpening with no dialogue?

Lol there is nice music :p

I may do one time Morning Live stream at my sharpening station where i install handles sharpening polishing etc

Latest posts

Back