Favorite comfort foods

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Nguyen

Reaction score
I looooove me some biscuits. Baguettes with butter are good too. I don't know if it's a Vietnamese thing or just my family, but we also make this pan fried rice thing, kind of like a hashbrown.

And chips+salsa.

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, & gravy. My Mom's rouladen (beef rolls, involtini), my Mom's potato salad (clearly, memories are at least as important for comfort foods as taste is), Schnitzel with panfried potatoes, potato & leek soup.

Stefan

Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, & gravy. My Mom's rouladen (beef rolls, involtini), my Mom's potato salad (clearly, memories are at least as important for comfort foods as taste is), Schnitzel with panfried potatoes, potato & leek soup.

Stefan
Careful Stephan, that's a lot of potatoes for comfort. After reading your recent thread , I think maybe we should all think about conditioning ourselves the to take comfort in some gorgeous ripe fresh fruit or something. Perfect ripe mangos, pinapple and papaya, some fine vanilla yogurt and some toasted coconut perhaps ? I could use all the help I could get

Something like this, or other forms of pork belly dishes:

bowl_steamed_pork_belly.jpg

this is thit heo kho a Vietnamese braised pork in a caramel sauce and hard boiled eggs. It can be made with fish, chicken or shrimp also. My favorite is pork belly with quail eggs. Served over rice

thit heo kho.jpg

Stefan

same here

favourite comfort food: butter

Biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, schnitzel, that Vietnamese pork looks good too. Nothing better after a night of partying then Vietnamese food.

Usually I agree with meat loaf, veggie, and mashed potato, however lately I have been making boiled cabbage and potato in chicken broth. After the cabbage and potato is cook through, I drain it, add a little butter and take a wooden scraper and break down the cabbage and potato. Very simple, healthy, and becoming a comfort food.

Usually I agree with meat loaf, veggie, and mashed potato, however lately I have been making boiled cabbage and potato in chicken broth. After the cabbage and potato is cook through, I drain it, add a little butter and take a wooden scraper and break down the cabbage and potato. Very simple, healthy, and becoming a comfort food.

Sounds like you've reinvented colcannon.

Tonkatsu. Tamago Gohan with Ajitsuke Nori. Tonkotsu Shoyu Ramen. Xiao Long Bao.

Taiwanese BRAISED pork feet

Din Tai Fung Dumpling House "crab meat Xiaolongbao"

oyster sauce abalone

Well, I said mashed potatoes, with biscuits and country gravy, but if we get more than one (favorite), must add Great Northern beans and hamhocks, and Plain ol' beef stew, both with cornbread.

This is one probably only DC folk will know about but a half smoke with chili and cheese is great comfort food.

Homemade potato and cheddar cheese perogies, boiled and served with butter, onions, bacon bits, sour cream and fresh dill :hungry:

Top one would be Schnitzel with Jaeger Sauce and a runny egg and a nice big bacony dumpling

Close to that would be Mi Trung or pho or bbq shrimp n grits
Breakfast is Biscuits n Gravy with two runny eggs and sausage

Back