Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would anyone consider selling their Kramer?

he uses it

4 years later, but you never know

Theres an 8 inch kramer on homebutcher available for 13,500.
    I need Answers!!!

It seems like anyone that posts here would use the hell out of the knife, regardless of the purchase price. At least it can be used for years/generations, can you imagine spending tens of thousands on wine from a few hundred years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    It seems like anyone that posts here would use the hell out of the knife, regardless of the purchase price. At least it can be used for years/generations, can you imagine spending tens of thousands on wine from a few hundred years ago?
    I think you mean vinegar ... and no in that case.

I would assume so....it seems like it would be outside of the optimum drinking age. I always chuckle when I see an article pop up about it every now and then.

Yeah.. some people.... like I am all for cellaring wine. Heck I try and keep my stocks such that even my cheap everyday drinking stuff has 12 to 24 months on it before drinking...

But *** is the point of buying old "wine" that is undrinkable... That is at least why I understand Burke's, Rader's, Tansu, Scorpion Forge, HHH and Kramer etc. You can use and enjoy them always... even if supply and demand has given them high prices

Since we're already bumping an old thread, can someone explain to me what the appeal of these are? I mean, the shape of them just looks funky to me, and not in a good way.

Please do a search. It gets tiresome rehashing the debates about Kramer knives. The shape makes or breaks them for many people, but Mr. Kramer has specific reasons for shaping them the way he does. And if you lucky enough to get your name drawn for a custom order, he will make you a different profile is you have specifics.

While it isn't a traditional gyuto profile i really mine the look of it. I have a cheap scanpan with a similar profile and really love it for some tasks and it is on my cards to have a custom made based on it... just have to decide who since a kramer is well and truly out of my budget. Even if I was lucky enough to get drawn in the lottery