• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Would anyone consider selling their Kramer?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Obviously this is the most ridiculous WTB thread of all time, but I'm yet to be disappointed by my efforts on this forum so far. So why not give it a go.

I have an overwhelming urge to own a 9-10 inch kramer in 52100, and am hoping a member here will take pity on a fellow knife Knut and maybe part with there's, I'm obviously not holding my breath but if you don't ask you'll never know.

Thanks for looking and let the mocking begin :D :D :D

Good luck Huw!
I think I've only seen 2 offered up for sale here in a couple of years. I still drool when I think about mattrud's though.

good luck! I give up Kramer custom long ago......too rich for my pocket!!

well, never say never. this is the right place to search for that rare beast. and every once in a while, you can see a unicorn or a white buffalo in this forum... he who dares wins! good luck!!!

I hassle Bob for one about once a month. Nothing yet, but the squeaky Canadian gets the chef knife (it sounds way better in Canadian English). Honestly, I already told my wife I want a Kramer, a Rader, or a Wilburn for our five year anniversary... Anywho, I hope you get it, Huw!

That is not a Kramer, Dave Jacobson, that is a shun production knife.

If you do find one I hope you know of an ultra-reliable courier, it would have to travel quite a ways

B5D3FF4D-E159-4BD5-916A-1A16E67F6AF5-22074-00000F7557DEA6B1_zpsb8f7ae1f.jpg
[/IMG]

Last auction was at 33k from what I remember. lowest auction was at 28k.

I thought that was a joke....do they really sell for that much??

Alternatively if someone is on Bobs actual wait list and is having second thoughts... Maybe we could come to an arrangement.

Cheers Huw

Huw,
Back when I was on the list, there were 10,000 people - so they told me. At that time they decided to go to a lottery. So, put yourself on the list and maybe you will win the lottery.

I'm on the list (I doubt I'll ever be called, but still), and I've wondered what Bob's current pricing is for monosteel. Anyone have any ideas?

What exactly makes his knives so valuable? I mean, I see they are pretty , but $30, 000 for something you cant live in or drive is f******* ridiculous!

Maybe I'm missing something...

Huw,
Back when I was on the list, there were 10,000 people - so they told me. At that time they decided to go to a lottery. So, put yourself on the list and maybe you will win the lottery.

Thanks Seth,
I'm in the lottery, so is my mum, dad, girlfriend & brother!!! But I'm very impatient :D

I never saw the episode of Top Chef where the quickfire-challenge winner won one of his knives. I wonder if they knew what it was worth, at least at the time. I'm guessing they do now.

That really is like winning the lottery! If my number ever gets called, I will be listing it on ebay as soon as I get it....sorry Huw!

What exactly makes his knives so valuable? I mean, I see they are pretty , but $30, 000 for something you cant live in or drive is f******* ridiculous!

Maybe I'm missing something...

plenty of rich people are willing to spend 30grand for one of his knives. thats why. its not like theyre 30x better than a $1000 knife, the demand just vastly outweighs the supply.

I never saw the episode of Top Chef where the quickfire-challenge winner won one of his knives. I wonder if they knew what it was worth, at least at the time. I'm guessing they do now.

yeah he does... he loves that thing

Jon

Does he use it or keep it as a trophy ?

Would be cool if he just used it as a line knife

Back