Scratches on the face

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilesenpai

Reaction score
Is it normal to the blade scratches on the face of the knife when wiping off the slurry from sharpening? If not, how can I stop/reduce the damage?

Little this like this drive me insane. I keep starring at my blade wonder.

Thanks.

If it is happening only when wiping off the slurry have you tried removing it under running water?

Is it normal to the blade scratches on the face of the knife when wiping off the slurry from sharpening?

of course it's normal for scratches to occur when you wipe an abrasive across the face of the blade. do what tripleq suggests, and wash the knife off under running water.

I enjoy the scratches that accumulate on my knives. They are little battle scars of ownership. But wipe them off under running water like tripleq suggests.

I enjoy the scratches that accumulate on my knives. They are little battle scars of ownership. But wipe them off under running water like tripleq suggests.
I like this idea. I am going to adopt it.

I have been running water over it. I will just have to do it better (and clean my hands better).

Cheers.

Back