The weight of a single feather

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Calder might have aspired to. Takes my breath away!
Thanks for posting bikehunter.

What Calder might have aspired to. Takes my breath away!
Thanks for posting bikehunter.

Takes my breath away as well, but Calder could never attain this astonishing achievement without the style, imagination, concentration and, well, coordination, dexterity, flexibility of this woman. Who knows what I've left out, which this woman possesses in order to produce what is basically, a LIVING mobile. I wonder if Calder has witnessed this artistic feat?

Loved this. Shared it with my kids. Definitely worth seeing again.

Loved this. Shared it with my kids. Definitely worth seeing again.

I found the larger picture on youtube version and have watched it three times again already. Watching her is like meditation.

Takes my breath away as well, but Calder could never attain this astonishing achievement without the style, imagination, concentration and, well, coordination, dexterity, flexibility of this woman. Who knows what I've left out, which this woman possesses in order to produce what is basically, a LIVING mobile. I wonder if Calder has witnessed this artistic feat?

Very true. Calder wouldn't have seen this, he died in the 70s I think. If I was doing artspeak (Ha Ha!) I'd have plenty to say about 'deconstruction' at the end of her performance.

Very true. Calder wouldn't have seen this, he died in the 70s I think. If I was doing art-speak (Ha Ha!) I'd have plenty to say about 'deconstruction' at the end of her performance.

Well, true. But she's not only an artist....but also a performer/entertainer. What else could she do? Simply walk off the stage, leaving us wondering if the weight of the feather was really what is holding it all together? Have the stage crew come out and disassemble it? lol BTW, I have absolutely no idea the meaning of art-speak. ;-)

Back