Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharpening Station -- Version 2

Sharpening Station -- Version 2

Well, a few weeks ago I posted on my new sharpening station. I thought I would send a nearly finished photo.

Upgrades include:

* Sanded surface with high performance floor enamel coating
    * Panavise from Jantz
    * Anti-fatigue mat
    * Two swing-arm lamps (one with magnification)
    * Magnetic knife rack
    * Some peg board organization
    * Harbor Freight belt stander (I still have to buy all the belts I want)
    * And finally, a man cave lounge chair

Of course, Marko has made that nice in-sinch station, so I am already thinking about that, but this space will keep me (and my wife) happy for some time. She already thinks I am going to spend too much time out there.

k.

Oh yeah, I also used the improvements as an excuse to upgrade my screwdrivers. I got some nice Witte and Wiha sets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sharpening_station2.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	655  
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I just wish i was that organized.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Man that is pretty sweet. I think I'm going to get the same workbench hardware when I can afford to. You going to have a go at making knives too?
    - Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Potato42 View Post
    Man that is pretty sweet. I think I'm going to get the same workbench hardware when I can afford to. You going to have a go at making knives too?
    No knife making for me. I know my limitations (at least for now). Maybe when my daughter is a teenager and starts dating, scary knives will be in order

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

You should get yourself a carpenters vice to attach to the side of your station. Sometimes you need something that can rally clamp down on stuff.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rockbox View Post
    You should get yourself a carpenters vice to attach to the side of your station. Sometimes you need something that can rally clamp down on stuff.
    You read my mind. That is one of the next things I am going to buy.

k.

Hey Mr. Drinky, great set up. And, when you have the new boyfriend-of-the-week over, I'll lend you my .50 Barrett to clean on the kitchen table. You can use the old line, "son, this can put a hole in a man the size of a fist, you know what I mean? Hey boy, I say boy, where ya going...?"

Good fatherly stuff right there I tell ya.
    -M

Lol. That's funny man.

I thought it was a ballsy move of my father-in-law to give me a gun (with ammunition) as a gift at Thanksgiving. I mean that is a seriously stressful time when cooking and a lot of in-laws were running around making problems. In-laws and guns don't mix.

k.

Nice ! want see some swarf and mudd on that table .

I thought round one was a pretty nice setup, but that looks awesome. Now you just a mini fridge for some after sharpening beverages and you are set.