Quantcast
Sharpening Station -- Version 2 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharpening Station -- Version 2

Only thing missing is water for soaking NatJ stones
    Bert M.

Why?! Because footballs don't have wheels!

I like it! Actually, the only thing I'd change is there isn't enough room to spread out all the knives and towels and tomatoes and strops. I'd probably take the little rack off the table, myself.

+1 on the mini-fridge. And, you need a cup-holder for your cocktail :-) Just kidding.

The woodworkers vise is nice, but if you get a cheap one, the locking mechanisms tends to slip in my experience. Harbor freight crap should be out - IMHO. Shopfox is okay and Rockler ones are good. Not sure who makes the best one. All I own are cheap ones and they all cam-out under pressure except the Rockler one I have.
    -M

That is a sweet setup, Drinky. I am stuck in my kitchen sink to my wifes despair. Wish I had a setup like yours... with my own setup of stones that is

DarKHOeK

Man, that is one serious setup. Mine looks sorry in comparison, but it gets the job done with flying colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac J View Post
    Man, that is one serious setup. Mine looks sorry in comparison, but it gets the job done with flying colors.
    Looks very nice as well., but do you have enough space on the left to the 360mm yanagibas?

DarkHOeK

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhoek View Post
    Looks very nice as well., but do you have enough space on the left to the 360mm yanagibas?

DarkHOeK

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    I like it! Actually, the only thing I'd change is there isn't enough room to spread out all the knives and towels and tomatoes and strops. I'd probably take the little rack off the table, myself.
    Yeah, the one thing I wish I would have done is extend the surface area by 12-18 inches. Oh well. Maybe I will make a second station with an sink built in and some side counter space. I could even make an in-set area for a 4x4 sharpening board.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rader View Post
    +1 on the mini-fridge. And, you need a cup-holder for your cocktail :-) Just kidding.

The woodworkers vise is nice, but if you get a cheap one, the locking mechanisms tends to slip in my experience. Harbor freight crap should be out - IMHO. Shopfox is okay and Rockler ones are good. Not sure who makes the best one. All I own are cheap ones and they all cam-out under pressure except the Rockler one I have.
    -M
    Hmmm. A fridge is a good idea. And a strange thing happened the other day. I was attracted to Japanese beer at the liquor store and bought a six of Asahi. I figure that would be a good beer for sharpening.

Good point on the vice. Did a bit of browsing in a wordworker catalog. I think these magnetic soft vise jaws would also be useful.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Hey, what kinda fancy ass man cave has wicker chairs!

Looks good though man, it's nice to have an undisturbed place to be.
    -Enjoy the ride. *** All statements made herein are my personal opinion and nothing more, regardless of tone or context. ***

+ Reply to Thread