• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Masamoto SW3124 stainless 240mm for thin stainless or semi 270mm wa-gyuto (Konosuke, Yusuke)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
I'd like to trade my Masamoto SW3124 240mm Swedish stainless wa-gyuto for any of the following or similar in good condition. I don't care if it has scratches as long as it hasn't been ground down significantly. I prefer a thinner blade.

Konosuke HD2/HH 270mm wa-gyuto
Sakai Yusuke 270mm stainless wa-gyuto
Gesshin Ginga 270mm wa-gyuto

The Masamoto is almost new and barely used, less than a month old. It's 250mm on the cutting edge. It has a 'marble' more of a tan-blonde ferrule with the standard ho-wood right-handed D-shaped handle.

I'm also willing to sell the Masamoto for $240 shipped within the USA (so I can just buy a Yusuke). It really is indistinguishable from brand spanking new.

Just an update - this was purchased from Koki at JCK for way more than I'm asking for it. :) It measures 250mm on the edge. I'm also willing to swap for a Konosuke HD or HH 240mm kiritsuke.

SOLD. I just prefer the thinner spine and blade of the Sakai Yusuke/Konosuke/Gesshin Ginga type.

I got the 270 Sakai yusuke in white #2 extra thin. It measures more like 260 on the blade. I prefer it for most tasks over my masa KS. I just wish the kanji were more traditional; but I love the performance. The Sakai white steel is somehow much less reactive than others whites I have used.

I got the 270 Sakai yusuke in white #2 extra thin. It measures more like 260 on the blade. I prefer it for most tasks over my masa KS. I just wish the kanji were more traditional; but I love the performance. The Sakai white steel is somehow much less reactive than others whites I have used.
it probably has a coating of acetone on the blade still. my yusuke white steel did, atleast. i thought the same thing, wheres the reactivity?

The coating is usually lacquer. You get it off with acetone.

Back