Replacement stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbochef422

Reaction score
After much use my favorite stone a synthetic blue jumbo xl aoto has cracked in three. It was in two epoxied to a tile but now is in three and I love the finish and mud it produces. What is out there that's comparable but less likely to break again from normal use. I've never broken any other stones and have a pretty nice setup for them so I don't see why they wouldn't be happy. Thanks.

May be Naniwa green brick (Aotoshi) can fill your void. It's rated 2K, cuts at a good speed and leave quite a decent finish.

I was looking at the green brick and it looks similar. I guess I'll have to ask Jon more about his stone or maybe he'll chime in. Thanks. Nick

Did you see the blue aoto on Epicurian Edge? Looks like an possible nat alternative . I'd like to know which way you go.

Green Akapin Atagoyama from Maksim, seal the sides and will last you 2 lifetimes.

What kind of knives do you intend to use this for? Is the finish the primary concern? Or, are you looking for something that provides a good finish and good edge for a variety of steels?

I like to finish my stainless on it and start a light sharpening session with it instead of a 1,000.

Back