• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) - Cleaver special! Tojiro F-921 (DP series #6), CCK1303, and Zhen combo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Anyone who is in the need for a few cleavers, I'm going to sell this as a combo.

Asking $140 for all three cleavers. Shipped USA.

1) Tojiro F-921 #6 size cleaver in VG-10 steel comes with the original cardboard Tojiro box. This is essentially brand new with no evidence of wear. Taken to a 2000 stone for a few swipes (essentially a microbevel). A very popular internet auction seller (the most popular on this forum) in Japan sells this for $189.
Weight: 469g (16.4 ounces)
Measures: 225mm x 105-109mm (depending on where the width is measured on the blade)
Thickness: 2.2mm along the entire spine with no significant distal tapering.

2) CCK1303 cleaver. Not much to say about this well-known carbon-steel cleaver. It still looks as ugly as the day I bought it and it still has the original lacquer coat. Very little wear on this one.

3) A very ugly Zhen VG-10 6.5-inch light slicer. You can find this one on Amazon. It's a very thin and light vegetable cleaver and a great option if you want a cheap stainless vegetable slicer that you don't mind abusing. This is one ugly specimen with surface rubs and irregular polish marks from stones. However, it's perfectly functional.
Weight: 330g (11.6 ounces)
Measures: 195mm x about 100mm
Thickness: 1.4mm along the entire spine with no taper. Crazy thin and drops through veggies like butter. Very little need to take it to the stones. I just steel it with a ceramic hone and it's good to go!

Price drop - $120 shipped for all three cleavers. The Tojiro itself goes for about $180 on Global Rakuten these days.

I don't even need one let alone three cleavers but I still wanna buy, good luck with sale I'm sure someone will scoop these up soon.

I'm going to make these cleavers available for sale again. Sale fell through.

Latest posts

Back