• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) - Cleaver special! Tojiro F-921 (DP series #6), CCK1303, and Zhen combo

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Anyone who is in the need for a few cleavers, I'm going to sell this as a combo.

Asking $140 for all three cleavers. Shipped USA.

1) Tojiro F-921 #6 size cleaver in VG-10 steel comes with the original cardboard Tojiro box. This is essentially brand new with no evidence of wear. Taken to a 2000 stone for a few swipes (essentially a microbevel). A very popular internet auction seller (the most popular on this forum) in Japan sells this for $189.
Weight: 469g (16.4 ounces)
Measures: 225mm x 105-109mm (depending on where the width is measured on the blade)
Thickness: 2.2mm along the entire spine with no significant distal tapering.

2) CCK1303 cleaver. Not much to say about this well-known carbon-steel cleaver. It still looks as ugly as the day I bought it and it still has the original lacquer coat. Very little wear on this one.

3) A very ugly Zhen VG-10 6.5-inch light slicer. You can find this one on Amazon. It's a very thin and light vegetable cleaver and a great option if you want a cheap stainless vegetable slicer that you don't mind abusing. This is one ugly specimen with surface rubs and irregular polish marks from stones. However, it's perfectly functional.
Weight: 330g (11.6 ounces)
Measures: 195mm x about 100mm
Thickness: 1.4mm along the entire spine with no taper. Crazy thin and drops through veggies like butter. Very little need to take it to the stones. I just steel it with a ceramic hone and it's good to go!

Price drop - $120 shipped for all three cleavers. The Tojiro itself goes for about $180 on Global Rakuten these days.

I don't even need one let alone three cleavers but I still wanna buy, good luck with sale I'm sure someone will scoop these up soon.

I'm going to make these cleavers available for sale again. Sale fell through.

Back