Quantcast
Food Release Videos - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Food Release Videos

I like how you've just posted the videos without comment and let everyone make up their own minds. A few there seem to perform surprisingly well

Thanks for taking the time to post these vids Rick. We all really appreciate the effort. Very impressive collection you as well!

I agree with the above comments, that there's more to it than just this one test, there's many variables that come into play, and everyone's experiences may not be the same. As great as these vids are and there's consistency from one knife to the next, this isn't a very real-world test - non of us would actually cut potatoes like that in a real cooking situation, and there the results may be different.

Great little experiment, and thanks again for sharing this with us! mpp
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

I took a couple quick videos of the knives I had on hand.

Fujiwara Teruyasu Nashiji

Eamon Catcheside Collab

Thanks for the vids, Rick! Quite interesting actually. As a home cook I didn't think food release was that important but lately I've starting to give it a second thought.
    And once again, the Itinomonn sure looks like a great piece of steel! And wood of course. I have get my hands on one and give it a try one of these days.

Impressive, Don! I love your knives, as you know. That Catcheside/Burke Collab looks amazing!

Rick, you're right. The knife that made me preorder a Western Itinomonn from Maxim is the 210 Nashiji KU Itinomonn. They are fantastic knives. Beautiful grinds, fantastic food release and incredible feel...I'll be keeping my Itinomonn for a long long time.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Glad that Ealy is getting some use. Never had much time for it way back when. It's nakiri brother does a mean job on carrots though!

Great video's rick looks real good.

Oh and I'm for sure finding a way to get one of those Itinomonn's. Looks unbelievable.

IMHO Gesshin Heiji wins so far
    Thanks for all the vids OP.

Great to see this in action....nice work Don!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    Eamon Catcheside Collab

Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to post these vids Rick. We all really appreciate the effort. Very impressive collection you as well!

I agree with the above comments, that there's more to it than just this one test, there's many variables that come into play, and everyone's experiences may not be the same. As great as these vids are and there's consistency from one knife to the next, this isn't a very real-world test - non of us would actually cut potatoes like that in a real cooking situation, and there the results may be different.

Great little experiment, and thanks again for sharing this with us! mpp
    Thanks for the comment and criticism. What would you recommend for a real-world test? Thin slices? Dicing?
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”