Bob Kramer on Ebay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was looking around on the internet and came across this on Ebay XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. What do you think is it the real deal or is some one trying to pull a fast one? If it is real how high do you think it will go?

Here is the link check it out..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Maybe some one will get lucky.

Original Post edited.....

5. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live eBay auctions or other auction sites. Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay auction has a "buy it now" price or is contained within an eBay storefront. Members should also use good judgment in posting information that may reference specific active auctions, particularly if the extra attention drawn to it would be unwanted by other members who may be bidding.
Please feel free to discuss eBay auctions only after they are closed.

i think i found the auction you mentioned, this will be interesting to watch

I wonder what the reserve price is, it's up to 3k and the reserve still hasn't been met...

My idea is the guy got lucky, his name came up and he is flipping it for a profit??

If it's an 8 inch, and he's charging $500 per inch-that's $4000.
I'll bet the reserve is at least $4500.

But I'm probably wrong, I don't know if that's his current rate.
Someone around here will surely chastise my stupidity!

Nope passed in at $3050. Which would be less than new. It was listed in the description that similar knives have sold for $15000, so maybe that's what he was expecting? I put in a few bids, but wasnt really expecting to come close to snagging it.

final bid $3050.....Reserve Not Met

Maybe the seller should shoot some 1/2 way decent pictures of an item he/she is expecting to sell for multi-thousands of dollars? Maybe?

Can someone post a link now that its no longer active? I tried searching for the auction yesterday but couldn't seem to find it.

Wow, the Shuns really are good copies aren't they? If I was Kramer I'm not sure I would want a factory knife on the market that close to my handmades. I've already noticed people that seem to confuse the Henckels with handmades.

but why are they promoted by him? I guess he is making quite some money with the licenses....

I'm sure he gets huge royalties, and rightfully so. His design and name alone sell knives to people who would never consider buying a knife by the manufacturing companies. Just think of all the guys here who are Henckels and Shun haters who bought the Kramer factory knives. I'm not against either company, because I believe they do fill a spot in the market that needs to be filled, but I do own a Zwilling Kramer and I think it's a great knife. To be honest, after using mine for a while, I got a strange urge to own one made by Bob....

I have a 6" Shun Kramer from the Williams Sonoma discontinued Heiji line and love it. SG2 Steel with proper heat treat, thin, great geometry and stays sharp longer than my AS knives. I'd love to get another on maybe 8 or 10" but at those listed prices, I'd rather have a Rogue, Marko, Mario, Devin or Catcheside.

I can't say that is one of the better-looking Kramers. He's made much nicer Damascus patterns. Surprised bidding did not go higher, but at only 8 inches it's not one that I would have gone for.

I want a Kramer, but my wife is letting me get a Rader, and I chose it instead....

I want a Kramer, but my wife is letting me get a Rader, and I chose it instead....

Hmm, ultra expensive blade with nice damascus versus awesome profile, fit and finish, amazing heat treat and geometry. I went with a Rader and would do it again even if I wanted to spend $$$$$ on a Kramer.

Yup. Bob's work is beautiful, but at the prices they sell for I'll never be able to do it. With that in mind, I went, "hmmm...who can make my dream knife (and isn't a guy whose knives I already own)"? Rader was it, and I doubt I'll regret it (though it will be a while until I get it).

It was only an 8-inch. I'm guessing a 10 inch would fetch far more.

I can only dream of getting picked in the Kramer lottery.

But my favorite paring knife is a zKramer. The handle fits my hand perfectly.

Very nice. Thanks guys. I do worry about the secondary market and wish I understood it a little better. I'd hate for this to be a "bubble" of sorts. Personally, I would have liked to have seen that Kramer go for double... but then again, it is eBay and there is lots of F$&#kery going on there. Take care.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if this is an anomaly, or a sign of new possible prices for Bob's work. To be honest, I hope this is only a freak low bid auction.

Lefty, at the same end of that scale, I wonder how many knives Bob Kramer has sold through Shun or Henckels who had no idea who Bob Kramer was, but knew exactly what those knife companies were. So, in all honesty, I would think Bob gets alot more out of the deal than Henckels or Shun, last I checked those two companies were okay before Bob came around. Then again, he helped them stay relevant. No thanks to the Bob Kramer for me though not even a slight desire for one, I have plenty of good makers to chose from around here.

I also agree that Rader's in my eyes look to be more beautiful and although I haven't handled a Kramer, they don't look very user friendly to me, not my style of knife. Actually, I think just about every knife in my kit is easier on the eyes than any Kramer I have seen with the exception of Matt Rudd's and he got a Kramer without a Kramer profile, now that's some nerve and style! Bet it was the best Kramer Bob has made, probably hurt his ego.

I guess you have to be a collector to understand throwing down that kind of coin for a kitchen knife.

Heh....I trying to think of something which affects my life less than whether a Kramer brings 3K or 33K at auction.

Back