Recently finished

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
Snake wood handle with 270 sanmai blade.

Thanks for checking out my work.

Hoss

001.jpg

007.JPG

Wow! Looks great! Love the snakewood...haven't been brave enough to try any myself yet. What's the steel?

Iron wood with walrus ivory spacers.

Again, thanks for checking out my work.

Hoss

008.jpg

011.JPG

Wow! Looks great! Love the snakewood...haven't been brave enough to try any myself yet. What's the steel?

The steel is a new one we are using. It is a semi-stainless. Me and my son Larrin have been doing a bunch of research on the heat treatment of this grade. All of the research shows that we are able to increase toughness, wear resistance, and keenness with certain heat treatments. We will probably be moving to this grade for most of our sanmai blades. It's a good one. It's not the grade as much as it is the heat treatment. We are excited about this one.

Hoss

These are Very VeryVery Nice
ironwood in a photo finish!

The steel is a new one we are using. It is a semi-stainless. Me and my son Larrin have been doing a bunch of research on the heat treatment of this grade. All of the research shows that we are able to increase toughness, wear resistance, and keenness with certain heat treatments. We will probably be moving to this grade for most of our sanmai blades. It's a good one. It's not the grade as much as it is the heat treatment. We are excited about this one.

Hoss
that sounds really nice semi-stainless steel. does it will develop patina?? Can this SS steel able mix with other steel and forged to DT Damascus steel??

Wow, you are cranking out one beauty after another! Great to see them coming,

Stefan

Devin, I just called and left a message, hope to talk to you soon!

I get it now.

Just when I thought my ITK's were amazing, here comes this thing; 270 San Mai

It slices like nothing at this size, no sticking, no wedging. While long at 270 tip work feels like a 240; very nimble, very thin.

The handle is like Candy; somehow the snakewood doesn't come across well on pics... it's actually a very classy handle while at the same time it doesn't deter from using freely.

After day one; it exceeds expectations

Great work Mr. Thomas

Can't post pics here; it's a beautiful piece

Excellent work as usual Brother Hoss. the snake wood & walrus tusk go together like PB&J Well done .

Sam

Back