Quantcast
Big News: Starting Now - Stefan Keller Wood - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big News: Starting Now - Stefan Keller Wood

This is a mix of blanks for Western and wa handles. Some people seemed interested in wa handle blanks, and since a lot of my blanks are pre-cut for that, I wanted to offer a few. The dark blackish ones are dyed burls still covered in resin, when sanded, they will be dark blue, teal or red - same batch as the dyed Western blanks Myron has/had on his site. The buckeye burl piece is great, I hope it will be long enough for two Western blanks. There is also some of my best dark premium curl koa among those pieces. They are cut for Western handles and for the wa handles I am making I would just waste too much, so I rather pass them on. Same thing with the ironwood burl. It's the most I ever spent on a single piece of wood, beautiful burl pattern. It is oversized even for a western blank, but not enough to make 2 blanks, so I am passing it on. Should be nice to see them sanded and prettied up.

Stefan

Thanks for your interest everyone. I just finished sanding and applying a couple of coats of finish to everything. I'll try to have everything cataloged and on the site by Wednesday latest.

Please note that I do not do "dibs", especially when the size and price of items has not yet been established. I will, on occassion, pull a piece off the site if someone is interested in it and not quite ready to pull the trigger (especially for repeat customers), otherwise, it's first come first serve. And many of you know that I give heads-ups on KKF and PMs, if requested, as to when items will be listed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	18553
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Dam are those really that purple? I know a few people that would kill for that color on wood.
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    There is also some of my best dark premium curl koa among those pieces. They are cut for Western handles and for the wa handles I am making I would just waste too much, so I rather pass them on. Same thing with the ironwood burl. It's the most I ever spent on a single piece of wood, beautiful burl pattern. It is oversized even for a western blank, but not enough to make 2 blanks, so I am passing it on. Should be nice to see them sanded and prettied up.

Stefan
    I've known Stefan long enough to understand what those statements mean.....don't delay on these ones folks, you'll be missing out for sure.

I love the ones that look purple and the ones in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    Dam are those really that purple? I know a few people that would kill for that color on wood.
    The picture is pretty accurate on the dyed pieces. The Purple Heart on the right is a bit less than shown but still very vibrant.

GOOD NEWS! Made better progress on getting these ready for prime time than I originally thought. Should be in the store sometime tonight. Here's a preview. In there are Ancient Kauri, Arizona Desert Ironwood Burl, Sindora Burl, Buckeye, Koa, Chestnut, Purple Heart, Satinwood and Dyed Maple/Box Elder/Buckeye/Tamarind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	18577

I really don't need any more wood, but I might have to make an exception for some of this...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Myron, I couldn't find 'Keller's Korner' on your site index.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

It's not there. He's just teasing. Quit looking. LoL.

(He prob has category offline while he loads these)
    Dave
    Older and wider.

+ Reply to Thread