Big News: Starting Now - Stefan Keller Wood

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
Dream Burls is pleased to announce an exclusive arrangement with the "Handle Meister", Stefan Keller, to sell a significant portion of his inventory of premium wood blanks under the Dream Burls banner. Stefan is well known for his exceptional custom knife handles and his blanks include a broad selection of high quality domestic and exotic woods. Stefan's blocks can be found at www.dreamburls.com in "Keller's Korner". Each piece has been stabilized by K&G and comes with the Dream Burls no questions asked money back guarantee. Stock will be added periodically, but this is a limited time offer so don't miss out on this rare opportunity.

Wow I think this would be good for both of you. Gratz on the partnership.

Thanks guys! I decided I have too much wood and just want to sell off a little bit. Not that I expect to become a major player in the wood business, just slimming down a bit. The first batch are all pieces that I hope to be big enough for most Western handles. I have a few more of those to come, but a lot of my stash has been cut into wa sized blanks, so some of those will come up also. Much of the proceeds - hoping there will be any - will go toward having the next few loads stabilized. Those will then in part show up here and in part go back into my stash.

I suck at marketing and even more at timely shipping, so I am happy and grateful that Myron puts up with me for this first run, and we will just see how it goes. This is all wood that I had held back for my own work, so they should mostly be decent quality. And, as Myron said, we stand behind this, so please let us know if there are any issues. Finally, i hope that you will get some nice wood at decent prices, Myron gets support as a vendor here, and I can free a bit of capital that is tied up right now - hopfully making this a win-win-win situation ;)

Stefan

Sliming down in lots of ways huh Stephan? Hows that going BTW. Sorry for the slight off topic comment, seems relevant though

Just had lunch and passed on the fried chicken in favor of the salad option. So, not quite as consequent, yet, as I wanted to be, but on the way. Thanks for asking ;)

Stefan

Ooops, looks like half the wood blanks I sent to Myron have flown off the shelf already, I better get some more ready soon... Thanks everyone who bought one/some! Oh, and if you like light colored woods with an understated quality but a certain depth to it, you really should get that cascara ;)

Are there any specific woods people would like to see offered? I have a little bit of a lot of woods, not much in huge quantities, but maybe there is something you like that I have around. And if I do, chances are it would be better for wa handles.

Stefan

Are there any specific woods people would like to see offered? I have a little bit of a lot of woods, not much in huge quantities, but maybe there is something you like that I have around. And if I do, chances are it would be better for wa handles.

I want some really good snakewood.

Picked up several pieces of wood and am very happy with the quality and selection. Thanks Myron for the excellent customer service as well. I will definitely be back for more.

Anthony

Picked up several pieces of wood and am very happy with the quality and selection. Thanks Myron for the excellent customer service as well. I will definitely be back for more.

Anthony

Always nice to hear from a happy customer. Enjoy!

Just got another box of blanks from Stefan which I'll be cleaning up this weekend and will hopefully have in my store by mid week. Here's a peek at the unfinished assortment which includes Koa, Buckeye, Sindora Burl, a very special piece of American Chestnut, an amazing piece of Ironwood Burl, some more dyed pieces in Maple, Buckeye and Box Elder, Satinwood, etc.

image.jpg

If it's what I think it is, I so want dibs on that dyed blank in the middle on the righthand side (the dark one, not the light one). Black dyed maple burl?

Mikey:begging:

I'm liking the buckeye burl on the top left, and that purple blue piece on the middle right, lol.

By the way...that piece of grey buckeye burl I picked up from you is in glue up as we speak. Should be finished tomorrow...I think you might like what I did with it!

:D

This is a mix of blanks for Western and wa handles. Some people seemed interested in wa handle blanks, and since a lot of my blanks are pre-cut for that, I wanted to offer a few. The dark blackish ones are dyed burls still covered in resin, when sanded, they will be dark blue, teal or red - same batch as the dyed Western blanks Myron has/had on his site. The buckeye burl piece is great, I hope it will be long enough for two Western blanks. There is also some of my best dark premium curl koa among those pieces. They are cut for Western handles and for the wa handles I am making I would just waste too much, so I rather pass them on. Same thing with the ironwood burl. It's the most I ever spent on a single piece of wood, beautiful burl pattern. It is oversized even for a western blank, but not enough to make 2 blanks, so I am passing it on. Should be nice to see them sanded and prettied up.

Stefan

Thanks for your interest everyone. I just finished sanding and applying a couple of coats of finish to everything. I'll try to have everything cataloged and on the site by Wednesday latest.

Please note that I do not do "dibs", especially when the size and price of items has not yet been established. I will, on occassion, pull a piece off the site if someone is interested in it and not quite ready to pull the trigger (especially for repeat customers), otherwise, it's first come first serve. And many of you know that I give heads-ups on KKF and PMs, if requested, as to when items will be listed.

image.jpg

Dam are those really that purple? I know a few people that would kill for that color on wood.

There is also some of my best dark premium curl koa among those pieces. They are cut for Western handles and for the wa handles I am making I would just waste too much, so I rather pass them on. Same thing with the ironwood burl. It's the most I ever spent on a single piece of wood, beautiful burl pattern. It is oversized even for a western blank, but not enough to make 2 blanks, so I am passing it on. Should be nice to see them sanded and prettied up.

Stefan

I've known Stefan long enough to understand what those statements mean.....don't delay on these ones folks, you'll be missing out for sure. :)

I love the ones that look purple and the ones in the middle.

Dam are those really that purple? I know a few people that would kill for that color on wood.

The picture is pretty accurate on the dyed pieces. The Purple Heart on the right is a bit less than shown but still very vibrant.

GOOD NEWS! Made better progress on getting these ready for prime time than I originally thought. Should be in the store sometime tonight. Here's a preview. In there are Ancient Kauri, Arizona Desert Ironwood Burl, Sindora Burl, Buckeye, Koa, Chestnut, Purple Heart, Satinwood and Dyed Maple/Box Elder/Buckeye/Tamarind.

image.jpg

I really don't need any more wood, but I might have to make an exception for some of this...

It's not there. He's just teasing. Quit looking. LoL.

(He prob has category offline while he loads these)

Back