• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Zakuri yanagi/sujihiki 210mm AS steel.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleq

Reaction score
Item: Zakuri yanagi/sujihiki.

Blade: 210mm in Aogami Super steel. Asymmetrically ground double bevel. Kurouchi finish. The back of the blade is stamped 'Aogami' in kanji and 'super' in katakana.

Handle: D shape ho (magnolia) wood handle with buffalo horn ferrule. This is a upgrade from the standard chestnut with plastic ferrule.

Condition: One light use. No sharpenings. 99.9% brand new. I did not keep the box for this one.

Price: 150USD shipped and PayPalled.

Shipping: The next business day after payment is received via traceable postal product to the CONUS and Canada.

Pics: I'm having an impossible time uploading to photobucket at the moment. Not sure what is up but I plan on trying again tomorrow. I can provide pics via email so you can PM me your email address if you like.

Thanks for looking!!

Does zakuri make AS as we'll as takeda? I'd like to try this knife

AS steel comes from the company Hitachi. Makers just forge it and HT it.

I have the 270 Ebony handled one from JKI and it is an impressive slicer (I use as a suji). Double beveled, easy to sharpen and get a wicked cutting edge. Makes short work of proteins and is a pleasure to use. Fit and finish on blade is certainly a bit rough, e.g. non-rounded choil or spine, but some of that roughness comes with the character of a rustic kurouchi finished knife (and can easily be remedied.) My 270 AS is a knife that I will own for a long time. Good deal on this one too. GLWS

Does zakuri make AS as we'll as takeda? I'd like to try this knife

Hey Brad. Sorry for the late response. Your question came in the middle of the night for me. What I can say is with certainty is Zakuri knows what they are doing with blue steel. No issues there. These guys aren't amateurs by a long shot. The blacksmiths in the region have a long history of working with blue steels. I've owned and used a lot of knives from Zakuri and they always make sense in terms of materials vs. design. This is a great knife. The AS and the double bevel design make it highly versatile. No way I would be selling it if I didn't have 2. It makes a great all around utility knife and it is a nimble blade. Cuts very thin. One of my favourite uses for it is cutting up larger portions of fruit like melons and such. Hope that answers your question.

Back