Thread: Usual Suspects Show in Las Vegas

Usual Suspects Show in Las Vegas

I just got back from the USN show in Las Vegas. This is a fast growing "tactical" show but I was impressed at how many custom kitchen knives being offered too. Prices were a little high for me but I know everyone wants to be the next Kramer. Still, I wonder how deep the market is for $1400 kitchen knives? I tend to think most of these makers are still trying to sell their blades based on appearance rather than performance.

I'm sure that a maker with a following in some other style of knife will sell an odd kitchen knife (even with a high price tag) to one of his loyalists but I'm pretty sure most will never make the cross over as most (up to this point who have tried) haven't. Bottom line is that you're not making a good kitchen knife unless you can sell many of them to this crowd at KKF. Pass that test and you're then a kitchen knife maker.

I'd be interested in seeing who some of them were. If it is folks that we aren't familiar with over here, I'd like to at least see what they're making

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reede View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing who some of them were. If it is folks that we aren't familiar with over here, I'd like to at least see what they're making
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon