Short Ribs Cheeseburger topped with a Bacon Weave

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw2geeks

Founding Member
Reaction score
We have been doing a burger bracket in the paper for the last month pitting local burger joints in a final four style bracket. The winner will be announced this Thursday after eating collectively 120 burgers. But one thing I found lacking was a bacon burger with bacon in every bite!

So I made a Short Ribs Cheeseburger topped with a Bacon Weave. Here are some pics:

XcRvp.St.117.jpg

T3FPj.St.117.jpg

c9v1u.St.117.jpg

1f3KwY.St.117.jpg

11ATCv.St.117.jpg

1oHUMr.St.117.jpg

More pictures and recipe here:
http://www.dfw.com/2013/08/14/817937/weekend-chef-bacon-weave-cheeseburger.html

3 tablespoons of water mixed in with every 1/2 pound of ground beef? interesting, never heard of that. how does the water help the burger?

Steve, I've "borrowed" that bacon weave a couple times since your BLT thread. Smoked it @ 225 for 30 min. Outrageous.

oh and BTW burgers on the griddle(cast iron skillet for me) are much nicer than the grill. good move there. love burgers cooking in their on fat.

3 tablespoons of water mixed in with every 1/2 pound of ground beef? interesting, never heard of that. how does the water help the burger?

The cold water binds with the meat and makes patties a little extra juicy.

Great tip SW.

With you Labor, I don't use cast iron that much anymore but it always come out at burger time. I've got to give that weave a try. I've got some cured smoked Jowl that could be used.

sw2geeks In Ft Worth, the Star Telegram ? I'd like to check out the article, and see how wrong you are :biggrin:. My last meal before dying is a hamburger within driving distance of Ft Worth. Thanks for the photos, that burger does look great.

As an aside, the next time you're in Austin check out http://epicerieaustin.com/, best burger in Austin, might be my new favorite restaurant in Austin.

Mucho Bocho Awesome grinder.

Edit: I can grammar.

Back